<! News Articles - break table here>
<! end of articles column>
Read any Good News lately? The Lord is mightily at work in His World! See some of the recent highlights below, and be sure to check out the Christian news sources listed at the top of the Revival Links!
See Also: Jesus Christ
Youth Problems/ Youth Revival
Creation & The Genesis Flood
Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
Go to later articles - after December 31, 2008
"Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God
Dec. 10, 2008 - Hear re-creation of Jonathan Edwards' "Most powerful sermon ever preached on American soil."
- Source: ListenersBible
Laurie's Tragedy Marks Greater 'Harvest'
Aug. 19, 2008 -
- Source: CBN
<!- Google List Line - move up with current stories >
'The Call' Covers the Nation with Prayer
Aug. 16, 2008 - Tens of thousands of mostly young Christians filled the Mall in Washington D.C. today for a twelve-hour rally calling the nation to repentance. Founder Lou Engle explained the event:
Former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee led a prayer of repentence for the national sin of abortion, saying," This nation has sinned. We have killed 50 million unborn children. Lord, forgive this country."
- "It's not a festival -- it's a fast." And it's two major purposes were to ask God to change the Body of Christ and then to change the nation.
- Source: CBN
- The Call
- Video Series: Lou Engle On The Road
- The Call California - San Diego - Nov. 1, 2008 - Qualcomm Stadium
Prayer targets world's 3rd largest mission field – America
July 31, 2008 - The Awakening America Coalition is calling for a blanket of prayer for America on Sept. 11, 2008, the seventh anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. They say the U.S. is no longer the Christian nation it once was.
The event, "Cry Out America" will remind Americans of some sobering facts:
- "D.L. Moody once said, 'Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure.'"
- - Only 17 percent of Americans attend church on any given Sunday.
- - Moral failure among Christian leaders continues at a high level.
- - America has become the 3rd largest mission field in the world.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
S.C. enacts religious-themed laws
June 13, 2008 - During the closing days of South Carolina's state legislative session, several religious-themed laws were passed, including the issuance of "I Believe" license plates with the image of a cross and a stained glass window. Other rulings allow the Ten Commandments and the Lord's Prayer to be posted on walls, and public prayers to be offered without fear of being sued.
- Source: Washington Times
Whatever Happened to Evangelism?
Mar. 6, 2008 - Evangelist Luis Palau laments the decline of evangelism in the U.S. and encourages Christians to share their faith boldly. Without evangelism, the church cannot grow. He says:
- If there is no evangelism, there is no church to deal with the other priorities. Discipleship is obviously a strong, ongoing church priority; but there's no one to disciple if you haven't evangelized in the first place.
- Source: Christianity Today
Catholic tradition fading in U.S.
Evangelical Christianity has become the largest religious tradition in this country
Feb. 27, 2008 - A new survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life shows that Evangelical Protestants now outnumber Catholics by 26.3 percent (59 million) to 24 percent (54 million) of the population.
- One of the fastest-growing groups is Americans unaffiliated with any religion, now at 16 percent, although just 4 percent of the population identified itself as agnostic or atheist. The West Coast shows the highest percentage of nonchurched people.
- Source: Washington Times
- U.S. Religious Landscape Study - The Pew Forum
- Results from Landmark Pew Forum Survey on Religion in the U.S. - Crosswalk
- Negative aspects of the survey - Study: Nearly Half of Americans Change Their Religious Beliefs - Prophecy Central Apostasy Section
Go to Articles earlier than Jan. 1, 2008
| <! start of ad column>
<! Google ads>
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.