Moral Issues in Campaign 2008
See more recent articles: After January 1, 2013
Obama to Seek Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
Jan. 28, 2010 - As part of his State of the Union address, President Obama reminded the skeptical gay community that he still has them in mind. He said he will try to repeal the so-called "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the military.
- "This year, I will work with Congress and our military to finally repeal the law that denies gay Americans the right to serve the country they love because of who they are," Obama said in prepared remarks.
- Source: NewsMax
Obama Compares Fox News to Talk Radio, Says He's Not 'Losing Sleep' Over Controversy
Oct. 21, 2009 - Fox News has criticized some of the Administration's policies and actions, and has in turn been criticized by the White House for being unfair.
When Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was asked how Fox News was different from other news organizations, Gibbs mentioned the channel's 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. shows, in an explicit reference to "Beck" and "Hannity." Actually, those two hours are opinion or commentary format programs.
During an NBC interview with the President, he was asked why they had targetet Fox openly.
- Obama said. "And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that's one thing. And if it's operating as a news outlet than that's another. But it's not something I'm losing a lot of sleep over."
- Source: Fox
- Obama's War on Limbaugh and Fox Will Backfire With Voters - Doug Heye - U.S. News and World Report
- Picking Our Wars - Ron's Blog
Obama administration moves to strike down Defense of Marriage Act
Aug. 18, 2009 - The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), denies federal recognition of same-sex "marriage" and gives states the right to refuse to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states.
The Obama administration is opposed to the the Defense of Marriage Act because they believe it is discriminatory and prevents equal rights and benefits. However, the Justice Department is obligated to defend federal statutes when they are challenged in court.
- Gary Bauer, president of American Values, says President Obama is committed to repealing DOMA -- but does not want to take the political flak that would come along with it.
Therefore, DOJ attornies seek to dismiss a suit brought by a homosexual California couple challenging DOMA. But, at the same time, they have filed court papers claiming the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act discriminates against homosexuals.Bauer says these contradictory actions are reminiscent of "politics in the wards of Chicago -- saying one thing and then doing something else behind the scenes."
- Source: OneNewsNow
Sotomayor Tells Senator She "Never Thought About" Rights of Unborn on Abortion
June 11, 2009 - In the process of meeting with each Senator, Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor was asked an important question by Senator Jim DeMint.
Because of this DeMint questions whether Sotomayor has an "unwavering commitment to the Constitution and equal justice for all Americans."
- "When I asked if an unborn child has any rights whatsoever, I was surprised that she said she had never thought about it," he said.
According to the Washington Times, Sotomayor was a member of the board of directors of a Hispanic group, and a part-time head of its litigation committee, that filed several legal briefs urging support for unlimited abortions.
- Source: LifeNews.com
Obama Picks Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court
May 26, 2009 - An anonymous source says President Barack Obama will nominate federal appeals Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court today. If approved by the Senate she will succeed retiring Justice David Souter.
She will be the first hispanic to be nominated to the Supreme Court.
- Administration officials say Sotomayor would bring more judicial experience to the Supreme Court than any justice confirmed in the past 70 years.
She was confirmed an appeals judge more than a decade ago by the Senate. At that time she said, "I don't believe we should bend the Constitution under any circumstance. It says what it says. We should do honor to it."
- Source: NewsMax (Story no longer onlline.)
- Sotomayor reversed 60% by high court - Washington Times
- Christian Groups Leery of Sotomayor Nomination - Crosswalk
Obama is to reverse stem cell ban
Mar. 9, 2009 - President Obama plans to issue an executive order today to reverse the ban on government funding for research on human embryonic stem cells.
- Ex-President George W Bush blocked the use of any government money to fund research on human embryonic stem cell lines created after 9 August 2001.
- Source: BBC
Obama Plans to Rescind Healthcare 'Conscience Clause'
Mar. 3, 2009 -
Tony Perkins, president of Family Research Council warned that if these regulations are rescended, healthcare workers would be forced to participate in the performance or promotion of abortion against their will.
- The Obama administration announced Friday (Feb. 27) plans to rescind regulations that allow healthcare workers to abstain from performing medical procedures they object to on moral grounds.
- Source: Crosswalk
- Exchanging Conscience for Convenience - Charles Colson
Obama lied, democracy died
Feb. 16, 2009 - As President Obama prepares to sign the massive stimulus bill, Joseph Farah asks what happened to his campaign promise from June 22, 2007.
- "When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it."
- Source: World Net Daily
Obama “Forcing” Christians To Embrace Homosexuality, Conservatives Warn
Jan 27, 2009 - George Whitten, International Correspondent, warns that President Obama's agenda regarding homosexual issues will have a negative effect on Bible-believing Christians. His plans include
Passage of The Employment Non-Discrimination Act - The law would prohibit "discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity or expression." Employers would be forced to accept what some of them consider immoral behavior. This appears to violate the First Amendment provision, "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." In this first form of the bill, churches would be exempt.
Repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) - To force every state to recognize homosexual marriages or unions.
Repeal the "don’t ask, don’t tell" policy in the United States army.
Expand federal hate-crimes laws. Obama actually introduced the Matthew Shepard Act in the Senate as a freshman senator. Future "hate crimes" legislation could make preaching sermons on homosexuality and other "sins" mentioned in the Bible violations of the law. Such laws could also criminalize pulpit warnings about the dangers of radical Islam.
- Source: Worthy News
On Roe v. Wade anniversary, GOP lawmakers press Obama
Jan. 22, 2009 - Even though President Obama has promised to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), there are not quite enough votes to ensure passage of the bill, especially in the House of Representatives.
Republicans have taken a stand on the issue. John Boehner of Ohio and 80 Republican colleagues sent Obama a letter asking him to withdraw his promise to sign the bill if it comes to his desk.
- Source: The State (Story no longer onlline.)
URGENT: CLICK HERE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO
THE PETITION AGAINST THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE ACT!
Watch this pro-life ad that celebrates Obama's mother's decision not to abort him. More than 200,000 have seen it so far.
(Video removed from You Tube)
Gay bishop to open inaugural weekend
Jan. 13, 2009 - Rick Warren will offer the invocation at the presidential inauguration, but President-elect Obama has asked The Rt. Rev. V. Gene Robinson of New Hampshire to pray at the kick-off of inaugural events this Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial. Robinson was elected the Episcopal Church’s first openly gay bishop in 2003. An inaugural official said:
- "The president-elect has respect for the Rt. Rev. Robinson, who offered his advice and counsel over the past couple of years. It also has the benefit of further reinforcing our commitment to an open and inclusive inaugural.”
- Source: Yahoo Politico
- D.C. orgy confirmed by homosexual newspaper
Military Opposes Obama’s Pro-Gay Stance
Jan. 9, 2009 - During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama promised to end “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell,” which would allow gays serving in the military to openly profess their homosexuality.
Consequently, the incoming President may postpone taking this action right away. But if he does postpone it he will be criticized by homosexual activists.
- A new poll by the Military Times, however, found that a majority of active-duty service members want to keep the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy in place.
- Source: NewsMax
Jan. 9, 2009 - During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama told Planned Parenthood, "The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act."
The election of Obama as President and other liberals to congress leaves anti-abortion crusaders doubtful that their best efforts will prevail.
- The bill would remove almost all state and federal restrictions on abortion. But observers wonder if the anti-abortion movement has enough life in it to successfully fight the legislation or similar measures.
- Source: Christianity Today
Obama Plans End of Anti-Abortion Programs
Dec. 18, 2008 - Anti-abortion measures adopted during the Bush presidency will be scrutinized by the Obama administration. The Wall Street Journal predicts that they will cut funding for sexual abstinence programs and allow federal health plans to pay for abortions.
The new rule allows medical professionals to refuse to participate in any practice they object to on moral grounds.
- Members of the Obama transition team are already mapping out strategy to undo a “right of conscience” regulation the Bush administration is issuing this week.
- Source: NewsMax
Obama’s Pick for Education Secretary Pushed For Gay High School
Dec. 16, 2008 - Arne Duncan, head of Chicago Public Schools, is President-elect Obama's choice for Secretary of Education. He is known as a reformer. One of the changes he has proposed is the establishment of a "Social Justice Pride Campus," which would be Chicago's first high school designed for gay, lesbian and transgender teens.
- Source: CBN (Story no longer online.)
More Than the Media Lets On? Obama and the Illinois Gov.
Dec. 10, 2008 - The mainstream media is covering up the relationship between President-elect Barack Obama and Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Blagojevich was just arrested for trying to "sell" the Senate seat vacated by Obama. Obama said he had had no contact with the Illinois governor about the matter, but it is clear that the two men have had much in common in the past. One lone mainstream reporter willing to explore the connection between Obama and Blagojevich is ABC’s Jake Tapper.
- Tapper notes that Obama endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, serving as a “top adviser.” Obama is also referred to as one of “the top strategists of Blagojevich’s 2002 gubernatorial victory.”
- Source: Crosswalk
President-Elect Obama Lays Out Pro-Gay Agenda
Nov. 19, 2008 - See President-elect Barack Obama's plans to give special rights to homosexuals and trample on traditional marriage.
- Source: CitizenLink
- Plan to Strengthen Civil Rights - Obama's "Change" website
Opponents brace for end of stem cell ban
Nov. 17, 2008 - The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is warning that Obama will alienate millions if he decides, as expected, to eliminate President Bush's executive orders against stem-cell research.
- Source: USA Today
- Vatican fires off warning to Barack Obama over stem cell research - Times Online
'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location
Nov.14, 2008 - Alan Keyes lawsuit warns America may see 'usurper' in Oval Office.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
- Rathergate II: Certification of Live Birth a clear forgery - Janet Porter
Obama offers 'open door' to gender-confused
Nov. 11, 2008 - The Obama team invites applicants for employment without discrimination for "sexual orientation" or "gender identity."
LaBarbera asks what will be done to protect the rights of women in their own bathrooms.
- Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, says Obama's new non-discrimination policy will be an "open door" for gender-confused and cross-dressing federal employees.
- Source: OneNewsNow
Obama Positioned to Quickly Reverse Bush Actions
Nov. 9, 2008 - some 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders are targeted for change by the Obama transition team. Among them are President Bush's limit on federal funding of embryonic stem cell research, and the so-called "Mexico City Policy," a rule barring international family planning groups that receive U.S. aid from counseling women about the availability of abortion, even in countries where the procedure is legal.
- Source: Washington Post
The Death of the Pro-Life Movement
Nov. 7, 2008 -
Dr. Paul Kengor says that all the progress that President Bush gained for the pro-life cause will vanish quickly now that Barack Obama has been elected. Obama was co-sponsor of the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), and he said that bill will be the “first thing” he signs as president.
The bill wipe out all the fully bipartisan abortion restrictions passed by Democratic and Republican legislatures over the past 35 years.
- FOCA will nationalize abortion, superseding and overturning abortion restrictions in every state... Or, as the National Organization for Women excitedly proclaims, FOCA would “sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws [and] policies.” In one stroke.
- Source: Crosswalk
Obama Wins, Candidates Call For Unity
Nov. 5, 2008 - Historic election picks first African-American president, and both candidates give eloquent speeches calling for unity and cooperation.
Earlier News From The Presidential Campaign
Chuck Norris: I'm voting for those not yet born
Oct. 27, 2008 - Norris reminds us that the economy is the most visible issue in this election, but we must not forget the radically different view of the candidates on abortion.
- Before a Planned Parenthood action fund last year, Obama promised to give first priority as president to the signing of the Freedom of Choice Act, which would make partial-birth abortion legal again.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Warnings Abound As Election Draws Near
- Obama spells 'persecution,' warns Focus on the Family - WorldNetDaily
- - Letter from 2012 in Obama’s America
- Obama's Abortion Extremism - Dr. Ray Pritchard - Crosswalk
Thompson Raps Obama on Abortion Answer
Sept. 3, 2008 - At the Republican National Convention, actor Fred Thompson, who was an early contender in this year's Presidential race, spoke against Barak Obama's position on abortion.
The remark referred to Obama's answer to Rick Warren's question about when he believed babies had human rights.
- "We need a president who doesn't think that the protection of the unborn or a newly born baby is above his pay grade," Thompson said.
- Source: NewsMax (Story no longer online.)
Majority voters bash Obama ‘family’ values
Poll: Americans back man-woman marriage, also believe life commences at conception
Aug. 26, 2008 - While Barak Obama calls for complete equality of homosexual couples, opposes state marriage amendments, and holds an extreme pro-abortion position, he is out of step with the majority of Americans according to the latest Zogby poll.
On abortion, the poll found that 59 percent believe human life begins at conception, 16.8 percent think it begins when the baby can survive outside the womb with medical assistance, and 17.2 said life begins at birth.
- The newest WND/Zogby poll results assessing the 2008 election showed 58.3 percent would support "a ballot measure in your state" limiting marriage to one man and one woman. Another 36.2 percent would oppose the plan.
In addition, the poll showed (55% to 28%) that voters would oppose a president who does not know when life begins. At the recent Saddleback Forum Obama told Rick Warren that determining when life begins was "above my pay grade."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Dem Platform Endorses Abortion?
Aug. 11, 2008 - Democrats will consider adopting a strong pro-abortion stance in the coming elections. The proposed platform includes:
- - Unequivocal support for Roe v. Wade
- - No limits on using taxpayer funds to finance abortions
- - A woman's right to choose a safe and legal abortion, regardless of the ability to pay
- Source: CBN
Other questions people are asking:
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.