Nine Reasons We Should Not Be Afraid
By Ron Graff
Since these are the last days…
Evil trends in the news
Terrible events in the future
Nine Reasons Why We Should Not Be Afraid:
- 1A. God is in control.
- He is good, loving, and all-powerful
Romans 8:28 - All things work together for good…
Purpose of Revelation 4 & 5 - Show He is in control.
- 2A. Fear is not from God.
- "Do not be afraid" - often repeated in the Bible
God has not given us a spirit of fear - 2 Timothy 1:7
All Scripture is … useful - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Even prophecy is supposed to be encouraging
Approx 1/3 of Bible is prophecy!
Blessed is the one who reads… - Rev. 1:3
- 3A. We don't know how soon these things will happen.
- Christians of all ages have been looking for Christ's return.
- 4A. We won't be here during the Tribulation.
- Pre-Tribulation Rapture
The Timing: The Church Age / The Rapture / The Tribulation
(7 years - Mark of the beast at the mid-point) /
The Second Coming of Christ / Thousand Year Reign of Christ /
New Heaven and Earth
Any-moment expectation - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
Absence of the Church during the Tribulation - Revelation 4ff
Deliverance of The Saints From Wrath - Luke 21:36
---1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:6-9;
---Revelation 3:10 (Judgment: like the Flood, judgment of
---Sodom and Gomorrah - not a promise that we will never
Antichrist not revealed until hindering force removed
2 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Events between Rapture and Return:
Saints in the Presence
of the Lord / The Bema Seat Judgment / The Marriage Supper of The Lamb.
Our return with Christ - Revelation 19:11-14;
1 Thessalonians 3:13
The centrality of Israel and Jewish people during the Tribulation
Daniel 9:27, Revelation 4-22
Population of the Millennium by mortal believers
Differences between the Rapture and the Return of Christ
(See chart from the lesson on The Rapture.)
- 5A. Even if we were here, The Lord would take care of us.
- No trial beyond what God knows we can endure
1 Corinthians 10:13
- 6A. Whatever we are looking forward to is not as wonderful as what we will experience with the Lord.
- No eye has seen…what God has prepared for those who love Him.
1 Corinthians 2:9
"I go to prepare a place for you…" John 14:1-3
- 7A. Use of high-tech tools and methods is not intrinsically evil.
- All things to all men - 1 Corinthians 9:22
Give to Caesar what is Caesar's… - Mark 12:17
- 8A. This is a wonderful time to be alive.
- Ambassadors for Christ - 2 Corinthians 5:20
Occupy until He comes - Luke 19:13
- 9A. Prophecy has a purifying effect on our lives.
- None of us is perfect - but we're growing
We ought to live holy and godly lives - 2 Peter 3:11
--Boldly represent Christ and His Kingdom
--Trust the Lord to take care of you and your loved ones
Last Updated: 11/29/11
This particular set of notes is not copyrighted. You may use if for group Bible study as long as it is not changed and this notice is retained. Please notice that most Prophecy Central pages are protected by copyright notices.