America's Christian Heritage
America was founded by strong believers in Jesus Christ. It was the world's greatest
example of freedom and Christian principles. It befriended God's Chosen People, both before and after Israel was
reborn as a modern nation. It was blessed by God in keeping with the promise given to Abraham.
- I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you
Prophecy students have wondered for decades why the United States will not apparently be a
major player in the Bible’s End Times scenario. Europe is predicted as a Revived Roman Empire, but with a much
weaker composition than ancient Rome. Ancient biblical lands will be involved in the prophetic future. They have
modern names: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and others. But how could the one great “superpower” of our generation
be ignored at the end of this age? Just a few years ago we could not have imagined how rapidly
our beloved country would decline.
An honest evaluation of The United States today reveals that we are growing weaker economically, militarily,
and above all, spiritually.
Many Churchs in America a returning from their literal interpretation of the Bible, and
have allowed the corrupting influences of secular humanism, the sexual revolution, abortion, and other false
beliefs and practices to slowly infiltrate its leadership. This change is predicted in the Bible. It is
called apostasy, or a “falling away” from the truth.
As a result, our nation is in danger of God's judgment. But like the biblical example of
Ninevah, whose people repented in Jonah's days, there could be a great revival first. We are praying for this!
Click on one of these
references to see
Thanks to the services of:
Church and State
See more recent articles: After December 31, 2013
See Articles before January 1, 2013
Senior General: US in Greatest Danger Since 1930s
Nov. 22, 2013 - Senior military analyst Lt. Gen. Thomas G. McInerney told reporters that the the US in the most dangerous situation it has been in
since the 1930s just prior to World War II. Here is a summary of his warnings:
- The US is not prepared for an Iranian "Electromagnetic Pulse" attack.
- Iran's nuclear program may not be curtailed by the current Geneva conference.
- The US has alienated its long-time ally Egypt, so they have signed a $4 billion arms deal with Russia designed to let Egypt attain parity with the Israelis.
- By alienating Egypt the peace treaty with Israel may fail, and our country could lose access to the Suez canal and the privilege of mmilitary flights over Egypt.
- Our actions toward Egypt favors the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Our actions toward Syria has legitimized President Assad and acknowledged Russian hedgemony in the Middle East.
- We are disarming the US military.
- Source: Israel National News
9/11 anniversary: US heightens security in wake of last year's Benghazi attacks
Sept. 11, 2013 - A statement from the White House said:
"The president's national security team is taking measures to prevent 9/11 related attacks and to ensure the protection of US persons and
One year ago four Americans including the US ambassador to Libya were killed in an attack on a compound in Benghazi.
- Source: Telegraph - UK
9/11 anniversary a time of commemoration, reflection - USA Today
- Coverage from the past: Prophecy Central in the September 11 Archives!
Massachusetts Supreme Court to hear Pledge of Allegiance in schools case
Sept. 3, 2013 - The Supreme Judicial Court of Massachussetts is hearing arguments for a case that the Pledge of Allegiance,
specifically the phrase, "under God," violates the states' equal rights provision.
The suit was filed by attorneys for an anonymous atheist couple. They will likely argue that compulsory recitation of the pledge represents
an injury to the state's equal rights laws, or the guarantee of equal protection for all concerned under those laws,
- Source: Fox
Glenn Beck: U.S. identified in Bible
Aug. 30, 2013 -
Radio and television host Glenn Beck is now going public with his belief the United States is among the famous “Lost 10 Tribes of Israel,”
and America today is suffering calamaties just as ancient Israel did due to its disobedience to the laws of God.
This theory, known as “Anglo-Israelism” or “British-Israelism,” theorizes that after the northern ten tribes of Israel were taken captive to Assyria
they gradually migrated north - mostly into Europe, and that Britain and America descended from the tribes of Ephriam and Mannaseh.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
- Editor's Note: This is an old theory generally discredited by prophecy scholars.
Greg Laurie on Why Bible Prophecy Makes No Mention of America
July 15, 2013 - Evangelist Greg Laurie explains that The United States is not mentioned as a key player during the end times.
This might be true for a number of reasons. One possibility is that we might be involved in a nuclear war before the Tribulation. Another is
moral collapse of the nation causing us no no longer be a superpower. Proverbs 14:34, says,
"Godliness makes a nation great, but sin is a disgrace to any people."
Laurie reminds us to pray for revival. However, even if we do experience another spiritual awakening, the Rapture of the Church will remove
many millions of Christians, which itself would affect the country greatly.
- Source: Christian Post
McCain Thanks Kissinger for Leaving Him at Hanoi Hilton
Jun. 4, 2013 - At a celebration of Henry Kissinger's 90th birthday, Senator John McCain thanked him sincerely for his role in
ending the captivity of American POW's in Viet Nam's "Hanoi Hilton." The Vietnamese had offered to release him early because his father was
about to be promoted to admiral, but he refused to leave the others. When Kissinger came to Hanoi to conclude the agreement that would end
America’s war in Vietnam, he was told that he could take McCain back to the U.S.
McCain told the gathering, "Henry saved my reputation, my honor, my life, really. And I’ve owed him a debt ever since."
- He refused the offer. 'Commander McCain will return in the same order as the others,' he told them."
- Source: NewsMax
Patriotic Group Told to Stop Praying in Jesus’ Name
Jan. 3, 2013 - Many members of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), are upset by the organization's decision to
be politically correct. They have ...
The DAR is deeply rooted in the Christian faith.
- ...erased any mention of Jesus Christ in their official book, removed prayers and poems that reference Christian imagery, and
directed members to refrain from praying in the name of Christ.
- Source: Fox
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Constitution
- Memorial Day History
- Newt Gingrich
- The Americans Who Risked Everything - Rush H. Limbaugh, Jr. (Late father of Rush Limbaugh, the radio host)
- Peter Marshall Ministries - Author: "The Light and The \Glory"
- America's God and Country - Encyclopedia of quotations
- History of "In God We Trust" - U.S. Treasury
- The Faith Of Our Founders - Christianity Today
Last Updated: 3/11/14
Copyright © 2004-2014 by Ron Graff. All rights reserved.