Image of the Beast
Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
See articles since January 1, 2011
This Will Be Your Next Wallet:
Cashless society coming
Dec. 2, 2010 - Google has a prototype Android smartphone that could not only do away with the
need for cash, but could also keep digital records of your purchases. With this device you will just wave
your phone at a wireless terminal and the transaction will be completed. It will handle loyalty credits and
keep account balances.
- "You won't need your wallet when you walk out the door," Amanda Pires, senior director of
global communications for PayPal, told FoxNews.com. "Your mobile wallet will be in the cloud."
- Source: Fox
Germany to roll out ID cards with embedded RFID
Aug. 21, 2010 - The German government has awarded 10 year contract to the chipmaker NXP to produce new national ID cards. The ID cards will contain a RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) devices to allow quick processing of the owner's personal information. Card holders will also be able to use their cards on the Internet.
- After registering an online account bonded to the ID card, are able to do secure online shopping, downloading music and most importantly interact with government authorities online, for example.
- Source: International Business Times
Your Social Security number may not be unique to you
Aug. 12, 2010 -
According to a troubling new study by ID Analytics, millions of Americans have more than one Social Security number, and millions of Social Security numbers are shared by more than one person. Identity theft accounts for some of the duplications. Other causes include bad memories, careless record-keeping and data input errors.
- More than 40 million numbers are associated with more than one person.
- Source: WalletPop
Biometric cash machine lands in Europe
May 12, 2010 -A Polish bank has become the first in Europe to offer the use of a pre-registered fingerprint in place of a four-digit PIN at cash machines.
- The system is based on the recognition of the pattern of veins in an enrolled customer's finger, a form of biometric technology developed by Hitachi.
- Source: The Register - UK
The National Biometric ID Card: The Mark of the Beast?
Apr. 19, 2010 - A proposed immigration bill would require all U.S. workers to use a biometric Social Security card in order to work within the United States. John W. Whitehead, founder and president of the Rutherford Institute warns that this would become a national ID card under a different name. He urges readers to resist the passage of this law.
He concludes with a reminder that such a national ID card could be the "Mark of the Beast." And even if it is just the long arm of Big Brother, the outcome would be the same.
- Failing to have a biometric card will render you a non-person for all intents and purposes. Your whole life will depend on this card--your ability to work, travel, buy, sell, access health care, and so on.
- Source: John W. Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute
- Immigration Legislation Gains Traction - Wall Street Journal
- Obama To Scott Brown: Immigration Reform Coming In Weeks - TPM Live Wire
Precursor of the Mark of the Beast
Mar. 11. 2010 - He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666. – Revelation 13:16-18
The Bible predicts that there will come a day when every person must be registered in a world-wide economic system. This will be a permanent universal credit device without which no one can buy or sell anything. It will be imposed by “the beast” (Antichrist), and will be accompanied by a physical “mark.”
That day just got a little closer with the proposal of a senate bill that would require all American workers to have a National ID Card that could not be used by someone else. That means that the card would contain biometric information – probably digitized fingerprints. Americans have always been reluctant to have this kind of registration since it is seen as an invasion of their privacy. It might start, as in this proposed bill, as a permit to work, but it would undoubtedly be used for tracking individual health, purchases, travel, voting, and anything else “big brother” would like to know.
The legislation is a result of President Obama’s desire to see Congress enact immigration legislation this year. To give the bill a bipartisan start, Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer and Republican Senator Lindsey Graham will cosponsor the measure.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind here. First, the mark itself is not our individual identification number. The Bible says it is “the name of the beast or the number of his name.” Antichrist will be energized by the Devil, who always wanted to be worshipped as god. Wearing his “mark” would be the equivalent of a Christian wearing a cross. But this mark – probably a visible or invisible tattoo, will be his name or his distinctive number. There are many possible numbering systems that could be used, but no one knows yet what it will be, and the Bible says we can not know who Antichrist will be until the Holy Spirit ceases to be the restrainer of sin. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12). This would be during the Tribulation when true Christians have been taken away by the Rapture of the Church. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
The second thing to remember is that the actual device could be like a credit card or smart card, but in order to keep people from losing it, it could be an implanted radio-frequency identification device (RFID) similar to the ones already being placed under the skin of pets and some humans.
All of this means we are getting closer than ever to Our Lord’s return for His Church!
- Go to Ron's Blog to leave comments.
National ID Card Proposed!
ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan
Mar. 9, 2010 - President Obama hopes to see Congress enact immigration legislation in 2010, and he wants it to be bipartisan. Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer and Republican Senator Lindsey Graham are working on a bill that would prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants by requiring all American workers to obtain a national biometric identification card.
It will not be easy to get Congress to adopt this system because of the potential invasion of privacy that would come with it. The cards would become de facto national ID cards that enable the government to track citizens. Like the Social Security number, a representative of the American Civil Liberties Union said their use would inevitably spread from work to voting, travel, and "pretty much every aspect of American life that requires identification."
- [A]ll legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.
- Source: Wall Street Journal
- USA ID card "will change relationship between citizen and state" - TechEye.net
One in four Germans wants microchip under skin: poll
Mar. 1, 2010 - A survey by German IT industry lobby group BITKOM revealed that 23 percent of around 1,000 respondents said they would be prepared to have a chip inserted under their skin "for certain benefits."
Another five percent of people said they would receive an ID chip implant if it would make their shopping go more smoothly.
- Around one in six (16 percent) said they would wear an implant to allow emergency services to rescue them more quickly in the event of a fire or accident.
- Source: The Raw Story
Virginia Lawmakers Oppose Forced Microchip Implantation, and the Antichrist
Feb. 10, 2010 - The Virgina House of Delegates has passed a law that would make it illegal to implant an identification or tracking device into a person's body without their written consent.
Common use of these chips include tracking pets and providing medical information for emergency treatment.
- Some are concerned their use among humans would lead to a lack of privacy ... Others, the Washington Post reports, are also concerned the use of microchips could be the "mark of the beast" -- or the coming of the antichrist.
- Source: CBS
Debit card spending to overtake cash this year
Jan. 20, 2010 - In Europe use of debit cards was up 10 per cent last year.
Visa Europe predicted that debit card spending will overtake cash as a method of payment this year.
- It means that 77 per cent of its business was now done with debit cards, rather than credit cards, the use of which stalled over the past year.
- Source: Telegraph - UK
See Articles before January 1, 2010
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.