Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page. Please also notice that translated words may be spelled in different ways by different sources (eg. Muhammad/ Mohammed).
Newer articles: Since Jan. 1, 2011
Older Articles: Before Jan. 1, 2010
Suicide bombing at Iran mosque kills scores during Shia holiday
Dec. 16, 2010 - At least 41 people were killed in a terrorist attack at a Shia Mosque in the Iranian port city of
of Chabahar near the Pakistani border. The attack occured on the eve of Ashoura, Iran's biggest Shia religious holiday.
A Sunni rebel group called Jundollah claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Its timing during the Shia festival marking the 7th-century martyrdom of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson
Hussein suggests a clear sectarian motive.
- Source: Guardian - U.K.
Russia ready to team up with Iran in fighting terror - RiaNovosti
Pew Poll: Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam
Dec. 7, 2010 - A new Pew Poll of worldwide Muslim opinions indicates it is not the "religion of
The majority of those polled were in favor of cutting off hands for theft, stoning people to death for
adultery, and insisting that Islam play a major role in politics.
- A majority of Muslims in many of the world’s Islamic countries says they are very much in favor
of killing any person who converts from Islam to any other religion.
- Source: Examiner - Seattle
- Official Report
- Pew Research
- Muslim Networks and Movements in Western Europe
- Pew Research
Muslim Brotherhood 'declares war' on U.S.
Oct. 12, 2010 - According to Barry Rubin, an expert in Islamic affairs, Muhammad Badi, the recentlyly-elected
Supreme Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood, has made a "war declaration" of greater importance than Osama Bin Laden's
Barry Rubin is an author and director of the Global Research in International Affairs Center and editor
of the Middle East Review of International Affairs Journal.
- The Brotherhood – the dominant Islamic organization that has spawned most of the major Muslim terrorist
groups, including al-Qaida, along with the largest "mainstream" organizations – is giving the signal that it is
"ready to move from the era of propaganda and base-building to one of revolutionary action," says Rubin.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Speigel Online Special Section: Muslims in Europe
Read this section for current news and trends about the growth of Islam in Europe.
- Source: Spiegel
A ‘moderate Muslim’ exposed
Aug. 27, 2010 - Islamic expert Steven Emerson explains that Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leader of the effort to build a mosque near the site of the 9/11 terror attacks in New York, is not a "moderate," and some of the things he told an Australian audience in July 2005 are not true.
For instance, Rauf said that the US-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. However, a report by the British government said at most only 50,000 deaths could be attributed to the sanctions. And the sanctions were caused by the actions of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.
- Source: JewishWorldReview
- 'Son of Hamas' warns U.S. fatally falling for lies - WorldNetDaily
- Shariah for Dummies - Nonie Darwish - WorldNetDaily
- 'Islamization' of Paris a Warning to the West - CBN
Mosque of conquest?
Aug. 24, 2010 - Read this fascinating history of Muslim conquests and the mosques built to in each country at their most sacred sites.
- Source: William J. Federer - WorldNetDaily
Mosque Flap Swirls Around Obama, Democrats
Aug. 16, 2010 - There has been intense national reaction to President Obama,s remarks about the building of a mosque in New York. On Sunday's "Face the Nation," Republican strategist Ed Rollins called his statement, "Probably the dumbest thing that any president has said or candidate has said since Michael Dukakis said it was okay to burn the flag."
The uproar caused the President to clarify his position.
- "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there," Obama said. "I was commenting very specifically on the right people have that dates back to our founding."
- Source: CBN
- Editor's note: Legally, the President may be correct, but he could have done the majority of Americans a great favor by giving a presidential opinion that the project is very unwise for many reasons, including the question of the mosques' possible terrorist ties, and the insensitivity to families of the 9/11 victims. Evidently he doesn't agree with the majority.
- Obama: Muslim missionary? Part 1
- Chuck Norris - WorldNetDaily
- GOP Leaders: Obama 'Disconnected' From Mainstream on Ground Zero Mosque Issue - News
Obama backs Ground Zero mosque
Aug. 16, 2010 - In spite of the fact that a recent poll showed that 70 percent of US citizens opposed the construction of a mosque near ground zero in New York, President Obama forcefu lly endorsed the project.
- "As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country," Obama said, weighing in for the first time on a controversy that has riven New York City and Americans.
- Source: Jerusalem Post
Panel clears way for mosque near ground zero
Aug. 3, 2010 - Sarah Palin, others argue the mosque would disrespect the memory of Sept. 11 victims
- Source: MSNBC
- Group Sues to Stop Mosque Near New York's Ground Zero - Fox
Giuliani's Strong Words for the Ground Zero Mosque
Aug. 3, 2010 - Read former NY Mayor Rudy Guiliani's opinions about building a mosque near ground-zero. Here is one example:
- "This is a desecration," he added. "Nobody would allow something like that at Pearl Harbor. Let's have some respect for who died there and why they died there. Let's not put this off on some kind of politically correct theory.
- Source: The Atlantic
Evangelical Leaders Pan Qur'an Burn Plan
Aug. 2, 2010- Christian leaders disagree with plans for a nation-wide burning of copies of the Koran on Sept. 11.
Instead, various evangelical leaders encouraged Christians to demonstrate love to the Muslims they know.
- "Followers of Christ and Americans don't burn books. Nazis burn books," said Chris Seiple, president of the Institute for Global Engagement.
- Source: Christianity Today
Pat Condell on Ground Zero mosque: "Is it possible to be astonished, but not surprised?"
Must-see video about everything that is wrong about the proposed mosque near ground zero
- Source: JihadWatch
Former Muslim Explains Roots of NYC Mosque Name
July 24, 2010 - According to the New York Daily News the developers of a mosque in New York City near the site of where the World Trade Center once stood has dropped the original name of the project. It been referred to as the Cordoba House, but will now be called Park 51. In the following video, Former Muslim Walid Shoebat explains the significance of the original name.
- Cordoba, Spain was a key city captured by Muslim conquerors who immortalized their victory over the Christian Spaniards by making the city's church into the world's third-largest mosque.
- Source: CBN
Son of Hamas Speaks Out Against "Ground Zero Mosque"
July 22, 2010 - Author Joel Rosenberg says, "I agree — there should be no mosque near the 9/11 site." Mosab Hassan Yousef, author of Son of Hamas gives convincing reasons why the radical Islamic ideals that led to the 9/11 attack should not be enshrined in a $100 million, 13-story building to house a mosque and an Islamic community center.
- Source: Joel Rosenberg’s Weblog
In battle to build mosque near Ground Zero, opponents ask 'why there?'
July 15, 2010 - At a recent hearing of New York's Landmarks Preservation Commission, considering the renovation or replacement of a building near ground zero, testimony was given for and against the building of a 13-story mega mosque on the site.
Pamela Geller, who leads a group called Stop the Islamicization of America, appeared on CNN's "American Morning" Wednesday, and asked the question, “Why there?”
She expressed the opinion of many that the area is a cemetery and sacred ground, and that it would be incredibly insensitive to build an Islamic center there.
- Source: CNN
- Let's roll! Your chance to stop Ground Zero mosque - WorldNetDaily
- You betcha! Sarah against Ground Zero mosque Pamela Geller - WorldNetDaily
Obama and the War against Israel
Jun. 23, 2010 - Read this detailed scholarly article about the Islamic animosity against Israel and the United States by David Horowitz and Jacob Laksin. They explain President Obama's overtures to the Muslim world and the fracturing of the relationship between Israel and the U.S. over the issues of Israeli housing developments. Additionaly, under Obama the U.S. can no longer be counted on to stand with Israel in the hostile U.N. environment. The article states,
- If President Obama had been trying to undermine Israel’s security — and ours — he could hardly have done a better job.
- Source: National Review
Surprise! Guess who's biggest Islamic threat
Mar. 12, 2010 - Terror expert Walid Shobat warns that Turkey, a NATO member, is taking a hard turn against Israel. A few months ago a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin indicated that Turkey appeared to be seeking the restoration of the old Ottoman Empire.
Walid points out that Turkey was the center of the Ottoman Empire, the last Muslim coalition of nations. He explains, "In 1924, the Caliphate was dismantled by the West, and this is why Muslims hate the West... In 1928, four years later, the Muslim Brotherhood was born. This is the umbrella of all the Muslim terrorist organizations."
- The report said Turkey's increasing disinterest in the European Union combined with its efforts to re-establish its influence in Turkic countries of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and its outreaches to Russian, Syria and Iran are cause for concern.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
'They Need to Be Liberated From Their God'
Mar. 8, 2010 - Mosab Hassan Yousef is the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a founder and leader of the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas. During the past decade he has been a spy for Israel's Shin Bet (similar to our CIA). During that time he slowly became convinced that Christianity was true. His book, "Son of Hamas," describes his journey in detail and sheds much light on the reasons he turned against Islam. He is now an outspoken critic of the violent message of the Koran
- "The problem is not in Muslims," he continues. "The problem is with their God. They need to be liberated from their God. He is their biggest enemy. It has been 1,400 years they have been lied to."
- Source: The Wall Street Journal
Hamas-linked group has deep ties to White House
Feb. 24, 2010 - Last week, President Obama's top adviser on counter-terrorism, John Brennan, spoke at an event sponsored by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
Leaders of the The Holy Land Foundation were found guilty in 2008 of raising $12 million for the Hamas terrorist organization. They were given life sentences for their actions.
- ISNA is known for its enforcement of Saudi-style Islam in mosques throughout the U.S. It was named by the Justice Department as an unindicted co-conspirator in its case against the Holy Land Foundation in Texas.
At President Obama's inauguration ISNA President Ingrid Mattson offered a prayer. She also represented ISNA at Obama's Ramadan dinner at the White House.
- Source: Aaron Klein - WorldNetDaily
Islam in Europe
Jan. 14, 2010 - Leah Seppanen Anderson reviews Christoper Caldwell's book, Reflections on the Revolution in Europe: Immigration, Islam and the West. In spite of their apparent strength and wealth, they face a grave threat. Their culture is likely to be extinguished in the near future by Islamic culture.
- Moreover, Europeans are politically weak, explains Caldwell, because their leaders have capitulated to political correctness and ideals of diversity, which render them unable to criticize any aspect of Islam.
- Source: Christianity Today
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.