See Also: Revival
Go to events after Dec. 31, 2009
Why are young people leaving the church?
June 15, 2009 - Groundbreaking study says Sunday School makes exit more likely
Two-thirds of young people in evangelical churches will leave when they move into their 20s. But a new major study shows that these kids are "lost" in their hearts and minds in elementary, middle and high school – not in college as many assume.
According to Ken Ham, of the Genesis creation-science ministry, the problem stems from the fact that too many churches teach their kids, "The age of the Earth is not an issue as long as you trust in Jesus and believe in the resurrection and the Gospel accounts."
Ham and researcher Britt Beemer have written a a book on the subject, "Already Gone: Why your kids will quit church and what you can do to stop it."
- "Because of the way in which they've been educated," Ham said, teens come to believe "that what they are taught in school is reality, but the church teaches stories and morality and relationship. Bible teaching is not real in the sense of real history."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Hummingbirds 'faster than jets'
June 10, 2009 - The speed of male Anna's Hummingbirds, showing off for females of the species, has been captured by high-speed cameras at almost 400 body lengths per second.
Jet fighters, however, are able to out-accelerate the little birds.
- When measured relative to the length of their bodies, the birds' top speed, he said, was "greater than [that] of a fighter jet with its afterburners on, or the space shuttle during atmospheric re-entry".
- Source: BBC
Mystery of how life on Earth began solved by British scientists
May 14, 2009 - Read this article to see that scientists still have a very long way to go before they can explain how life could have begun without intelligent help.
- Source: Telegraph - UK
Bill Would Allow Texas School to Grant Master's Degree in Science for Creationism
Mar. 19, 2009 - Rep. Leo Berman, a Texas legislator, has proposed a bill that would allow educational institutions like The Institute for Creation Research (ICR), to receive a certificate of authority from Texas' Higher Education Coordinating Board to grant Master of Science degrees.
- Source: Fox
Confronting Evolution's Racists Roots
Feb. 27, 2009 - John West, author of "Darwin Day in America," calls Charles Darwin a "virulent racist." In Darwin's book, "The Descent of Man," he taught that natural selection creates unequal races, and that blacks are the closest to apes.
Darwin's racism led to movements like Nazi Germany and "Planned Parenthood."
- "It's not just residual racism," he added. "He's using his scientific theory as a justification for racism and countless scientists after Darwin latched on to that."
In contrast to Darwinism, the Bible teaches that all humans have the same origins.
- "From one man he made every nation of men." (Acts 17:26, NIV)
- "Eve...was the mother of all the living." (Genesis 3:20, New American Standard)
- "These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated." (Genesis 9:19, New American Standard)
- Source: CBN
Debunking atheism rockets up Amazon
Feb. 13, 2009 -New release moves from No. 69,572 to No. 44 in less than a day
Ray Comfort's new book, You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence but You Can't Make Him Think, Is an instant hit on Amazon.com rankings.
- The book, released on the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin, contends atheists hate God because he does exist.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
On Darwin Day, Myths Parade as Fact
Feb. 12, 2009 - The 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth is almost like Christmas for atheists. Some of them attend events featuring arguments against the existence of God. John West,author of Darwin Day in America, said:
- They sing holiday songs, sometimes mocking Christmas songs, in honor of Darwin... One popular song at such events is "Randomness is Good Enough for Me" playing off the song "Old Time Religion."
- Source: CBN
- Darwin Day 'thumb-in-the-eye to creationists' - WorldNetDaily
- Darwin Day Celebration - Official website
- Shaping the Modern World: Lincoln and Darwin - Chuck Colson - Crosswalk
- Darwin's Birthday Poll: Fewer Than 4 in 10 Believe in Evolution - Fox
Secularist group posts 'Praise Darwin' billboards
Feb. 10, 2009 - The Freedom From Religion Foundation decided to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin with billboards that say "Praise Darwin - Evolve Beyond Belief." Darwin was born on Feb. 12, 1809. The billboards went up in Grand Junction, Colorado; Dayton, Tennessee; Dover, Pennsylvania; and Whitehall, Ohio.
- Source: USA Today
- 'Praise Darwin' billboards spark counter-campaign - WorldNetDaily
Dialogue with Darwinists
Feb. 14, 2009 - As the scientific community observes the 150th anniversary of the publication of Darwin's book, On the Origin of Species, Marvin Olasky suggests ways to have dialogue with evolutionists. Here is a summary:
- 1 - Acknowledge that change can occur within a species, but not enough to make a new Biblical species or "kind."
- 2 - Emphasize how complicated DNA is.
- 3 - Discuss the concept of "irreducible complexity."
- 4 - Have compassion for Darwinists.
- Source: World Magazine
Virginia Man to Search for Noah's Ark in Turkey
Feb. 2, 2009 - Archaeologist Randall Price, director of Liberty University's new Center for Judaic Studies, plans to join an expedition this summer to Mount Ararat, where numerous people have claimed to have seen the shape of Noah's Ark.
It is thought that the ark is buried in a glacier, but every so often the glacier recedes, exposing part of it. In September a group went to the spot, but found that it was covered by a recent landslide. Price believes the landslide may have resulted from attacks against Kurdish rebels or from explosives that were set off to cover up the ark.
- A Kurdish shepherd told them that he had seen the ark, and even climbed on top of it, when he was a boy.
- Source: Fox News
Go to events before Jan. 1, 2009
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.