Church and State
See Articles after Dec. 31, 2009
See Articles before January 1, 2009
High Court to Hear Key Religious Monument Case
Oct. 7, 2009 -
A decision will not be made for several months.
- A case before the Supreme Court, Wednesday, could impact the display of religious symbols on government property. Justices will be asked to determine if a cross erected in California's Mojave Desert oversteps the boundaries separating church and state.
- Source: CBN
The American Cause this Memorial Day
May 23, 2009 - Memorial Day is a time to honor those who died to preserve our freedom. It is also a good time to take stock of the threats to our nation. Lee Wishing says, "I believe that the greatest threat is internal decay that results from a lack of knowledge of those things that make America great."
Even more amazing, the average elected official scored just 44 percent on the same survey!
- America's modern enemies might have rejoiced in data released last fall by the Intercollegiate Studies Institute demonstrating that 71 percent of Americans in its survey failed a basic civic literacy test with an average score of 49 percent.
- Source: - Lee Wishing - The Center for Vision & Values
"So Help Me God": Inauguration Day 2009
Jan. 20, 2009 - Chuck Colson
The many Christian elements of Inauguration Day are reminders of the country's Christian heritage.
Evangelical pastor Rick Warren will offer the invocation. While administering the oath of office, The Chief Justice of the United States will ask Barack Obama to place his hand on the Bible used by Abraham Lincoln at his inauguration. The oath will end with the words “so help me God.”
- The ceremony is a perfect example of why the separation of church and state is an elite fiction that bears little resemblance to how democracy really works.
- Source: Crosswalk
- Breakfast Focuses on Prayer for Obama - CBN
- Throngs Fill Mall as Obamas Head to Church - ABC
- Step by Step Through the Day - CQ Politics
- A Prayer for President Obama - Albert Mohler - Crosswalk
- Jan 21, 2009 - Obama Begins Day with National Prayer Service
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.