Moral Issues in the Presidential Campaign 2008
Moral Issues in the Presidential Campaign 2012
Warnings and Cautions
Mark of the Beast
New World Order
President-for-Life, King of the World paving the way for Messiahship
Nov. 28, 2012 - This post-election article from the Canada Free Press is an example of the fear and frustration of many afterPresident Obama won re-election this month. It points to some extreme examples of misplaced devotion to the president.
Another example is a painting by artist Michael D’Antuono currently on display at Boston’s Bunker Hill Community College Art Gallery.It depicts Obama as Jesus Christ being crucified with a crown of thorns around his head and his arms outstreched.
- At Sunday’s Soul Train awards, Obama was nominated as “Our Lord and Savior” by Oscar-winning actor/comedian Jamie Foxx, who was answered by a wildly cheering throng.
- Source: Canada Free Press
Obama's Executive Order Authorizes Peacetime Martial Law
Mar. 19, 2011 - On Mar. 16 President Obama issued an Executive Order that gives the White House absolute control over all thecountry’s natural resources in case of a natural disaster or during a time of war.
- The text of the document itself does not limit implementation to a time of war. In fact, the specific sections of the order make it clear that the President can take complete command and control of the country’s natural resources in peacetime, as well.
- Source: Joe Wolverton, II - New American
- Text of the Executive Order
New Bill Gives Obama ‘Kill Switch’ To Shut Down The Internet
Jun. 16, ,2010 - A new US Senate bill would give President Obama a figurative “kill switch” to seize control of the world wide web in response to a Homeland Security directive.
The bill is entitled "Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act." TechAmerica, a technology lobbying group, believes that the bill would have “the potential for absolute power.”
- “The legislation says that companies such as broadband providers, search engines or software firms that the US Government selects “shall immediately comply with any emergency measure or action developed” by the Department of Homeland Security.
Quarter of Republicans think Barack Obama is 'the Antichrist'
Mar. 25, 2010 - In a new online poll of 2,320 adults, carried out by Harris Interactive, 24 per cent of Republican respondents agreed with the statement that the president might be the Antichrist."
- According to the poll 67 per cent of Republicans thought President Obama was a socialist, 57 per cent thought that he was secretly a Muslim...
- Source: Telegraph - UK
Obama For World President?
Dec. 8 - Veteran Obama-watcher David Gutmann thinks that the President is "already getting restless in his present job, and that he seeks a promotion to an even greater status."
Congressmen are fearful that Obama will stubbornly press ahead with his unpopular plans for Health Reform, and that they will be voted out of office in 2010. Gutmann says he thinks the president is not even concerned about his own re-election, and that...
The rest of the article gives support to this idea.
- ...he will enact as many of his programs in health reform, energy conservation, arms reduction and income redistribution as he can before his current term expires, and then try for higher goals.
- Source: Front Page Magazine
Obamamania Cools to Luke Warm
Nov. 2, 2009 - President Obama was wildly popular at his election and even more so in January with a 70 percent approval rating. Six months later Waschington DC vendors were disappointed that their Obama memorabilia were not selling well.
The President and his Congress quickly implemented controversial programs to rescue the economy: bailing out sinking US auto manufacturers and unleashing a 787-billion-dollar stimulus plan.
But since that time Americans have begun to doubt the president's ability to pull the US economy out of a nosedive. His popularity has continued to decline since that time.
- In late April, at the end of the first 100 days in office, Obama still enjoyed more positive reviews than his predecessors in the previous 20 years.
- July - Dipped below that of George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency.
- October - Dropped to just above 50 percent according to Frank Newport, editor in chief of the Gallup Poll. Newport called this "slightly below average for all US presidents since World War II."
- November - Even though the US has technically emerged from the recession, a Rasmussen poll reported that 29 percent strongly approve of Obama's performance, compared to 39 percent who strongly disapprove.
- Source: NewsMax
- Limbaugh Assails Obama's 'Radical' Agenda, Predicts One-Term Presidency - Fox
- Transcript of Rush Limbaugh's interview with Chris Wallace - Rush Limbaugh
In a Surprise, Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
Oct. 9, 2009 - Less than two weeks after taking office, President Obama was nominated to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Even more surprising, he has been named the winner of the prize.
- President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.
- Source: TIME
- Why Winning the Nobel Peace Prize Could Hurt Obama - Time
- Peace Prize When There Is No Peace - Ron's Blog
Obama Is Not the Anti-Christ
Dr. John Mark Reynolds
The Torrey Honors Institute
Aug. 13, 2009 - Dr. Reynolds alerts us to a disturbing You Tube video that claims that Barack Obama might be Antichrist. He says that traditional Christians should reject this video because it is "hateful, wrong, and illogical."
Reynolds adds that calling or suggesting that someone is the Antichrist is worse than calling the person “Hitler.”
- The Antichrist is a literary symbol for all that is bad about humanity and many traditional Christians think that eventually there will be one tyrant who incarnates all those evils.
- Source: Crosswalk
- Editor's note: See our warning against false accusations about Antichrist in our 2008 In Review - The Year In Prophecy
- The subject video: Original - Updated Version - Did Jesus Give Us The Name Of The Antichrist? - You Tube
- Did Jesus actually reveal name of the 'antichrist'? - WorldNetDaily
Obama's sculpted face heads to Mt. Rushmore park
June 16, 2009 - A 20-feet-tall concrete sculpture of President Obama will have a temporary showing at Mt. Rushmore, and will then go on to its permanent home in South Dakota.
- The massive bust of Barack Obama is scheduled to finish its tour about 40 miles from Mount Rushmore, in Lead, S.D., home of another tourist attraction called Presidents Park.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Life-like talking image of Obama at Disney World
May 21, 2009 - On the Fourth of July, a life-sized animated figure of President Obama will be open to the public Hall of Presidents exhibit at Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- The Obama figure is the result of attention to minute details by Disney sculptors, animators, engineers and even anatomists who pored over presidential photographs and video of him and then drew on the latest advances in robotic technology.
- Source: New York Times
100 days in office, coronated MessiahArms outstretched, he wears crown of thorns on his brow
Apr. 28, 2009 - Artist Michael D'Antuono's plans to unveil his painting called "The Truth" on April 29 at the Square's South Plaza. The painting features President Obama with his arms outstretched and wearing a crown of thorns on his head.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
- Website about the painting
- Update: Apr. 29 - Artist cancels Messiah Obama display -Thousands of emails, calls objected to president wearing crown of thorns. - Crosswalk
America: Ready to Come Home from Oz
Feb. 28, 2009 - Bob Burney, award-winning host of the “Bob Burney Live" radio show, thinks the nation is already discovering that the hopes and dreams of the new presidency are not going to come true. But like the story of the Wizard of Oz, there could be a good result from this disappointment.
- Today, those trusting in government need to pull back the curtain. America and America’s churches need to come home. Home for America is the Constitution. Home for the Church is the Bible.
- Source: Crosswalk
Obama's triumphal entry: Gentle, riding on donkey
Jan. 24, 2009 - A sculpture of Barack Obama riding a donkey was led in a procession in Des Moines, Iowa. The sculpture was created by Matthew J. Clark.
- Clark called the marching artwork "A Simulacrum of Hope: Simulation of the Triumphal Entry of the Christ."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Obama Inaugural To Be The Most Expensive Ever
Jan. 19, 2009 -
- Reports indicate $150 million will be spent by President Barack Obama to celebrate his inauguration ($45 million without security costs).
- Source:The Bulletin -Philadelphia
- The Obama-Lincoln Parallel - CBS
- Obama Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. - Voice of America
- Gay bishop to open inaugural weekend - Prophecy Central's Obama Watch
- Update 1/19/09: Text of Bishop Gene Robinson before Sunday's pre-inauguration concert - Episcopal Cafe
Obama to star in Spider-Man comic
Jan. 9, 2009 - President-elect Obama, a Spiderman fan, will be memorialized on the cover of a special issue of Spiderman Comics.
- A six-page story, with the superhero saving the day when an imposter tries to take Mr Obama's place as president, will hit shelves next Wednesday.
- Source: BBC
Kissinger: Obama primed to create 'New World Order'
Jan. 7, 2009 - In an interview on CNBC, Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said,
Last year Kissinger told PBS interviewer Charlie Rose that there is a need for a new world order. He suggested that it could happen at the beginning of the next president's administration.
- "Conflicts across the globe and an international respect for Barack Obama have created the perfect setting for establishment of "a New World Order."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Barack Obama TIME's Person of the Year 2008
Dec. 17, 2008 - TIME editors give a summary of the reasons they picked President-elect Obama as the Person of the Year
- In one of the craziest elections in American history, he overcame a lack of experience, a funny name, two candidates who are political institutions and the racial divide to become the 44th President of the United States.
- Source: TIME Magazine
As 'New World Order' Shapes Up, Fear Is That An Anti-Christ Spirit Will Control It
Nov. 21, 2008 - Global problems, such as financial collapse, terrorism, and environmental issues are prompting a move toward global governance. Last week, the UK's Prime Minister Gordon Brown urged Barack Obama to become a "globalized" leader. He said, "We can seize the moment and in doing so build a truly global society."
Amazingly, executives from companies like Google have proposed a globalized "religion."
While some people are trying in vain to identify the PERSON who could become Antichrist, it is becoming increasingly obvious that there is a strong movement toward a global government, and that the SPIRIT of Antichrist will control it.
- One can be excused for concern here too -- in that Google, Microsoft, and many other "tech" companies are less than warm toward traditional Christianity.
- Source: Spirit Daily - Story no longer online
Striking Headlines and Covers
TIME: The New New Deal
Obama: Oratory and originality
Three Million Plus Possible at Inauguration
Nov. 14, 2008 - Hal Lindsey says that Georgia Rep. Paul Broun formally apologized to his constituents for comparing Barack Obama's idea for a civilian security force to Hitler's actions during his rise to power. But Lindsey went back and read what Obama said last July.
- "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
- Source: Hal Lindsey - WorldNetDaily
- Emanuel volunteers Americans to do 'a lot' - WorldNetDaily
Obama Wins, Muslims Divided
Nov. 12, 2008 - Islamic expert Daniel Pipes explains that Barack Obama is the perfect fit to Shiite prophecies about their coming messiah. However, other Muslims are unhappy with him for various reasons.
- Source: Daniel Pipes
America Cries, "Give us a King!"
Nov., 2008 - Jan Markel likens America's desire for a "king" who can solve our many problems to Israel's demand for its first king - 2 Samuel 8.
- Source: Constant Contact
Congressman Warns of Obama Dictatorship
Nov. 10, 2008 - Georgia Congressman Paul Broun said he hopes he is wrong, but he is concerned that Obama could become a dictator because of a speech he made last June. Obama called for a civilian force to take some of the national security burden off the military.
- "That's exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it's exactly what the Soviet Union did," Broun said. "When he's proposing to have a national security force that's answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military."
- Source: Newsmax
Obama Wins, Candidates Call For Unity
Nov. 5, 2008 - Historic election picks first African-American president, and both candidates give eloquent speeches calling for unity and cooperation.
- Analysis: Key Factors in the 2008 Presidential Race - Fox
- McCain's Concession Speech - Fox
- Obama's Victory Speech - Fox
Earlier News From The Presidential Campaign
"Left Behind" Authors Do Not Think Obama is Antichrist
Aug. 8, 2008 - Following the release by the McCain campaign of the ad "The One," Beverly Rykerd reports that "Left Behind" authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins do not believe Obama is the Antichrist. LaHaye said,
- "There is no indication in the Bible that the antichrist will be an American."
- Source:Christian News Wire
How Obama prepped world for the Antichrist
Aug. 1, 2008 - Hal Lindsey comments on presidential candidate Barak Obama's European tour. His remarks to huge crowds made him sound like he was running for "President of the World."
Lindsey says the world's pressing problems make it ready for "someone like him – a messiah-like figure, charismatic and glib and seemingly holding all the answers to all the world's questions." He says Obama isn't Antichrist, but he has given a foretaste of how Antichrist will be received.
- "People of Berlin – people of the world – this is our moment. This is our time. ... With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Obama As Antichrist
Apr. 24, 2008 - There was a rumor that the Book of Revelation predicted a "man in his 40's of Muslim descent" would become Antichrist. This article shows that this concept is false.
- Source: Snopes
Is Obama a (or the) Messiah?
Feb. 21, 2008 - Newsweek's Claire Hoffman responds to questions from all sides about whether or not Barak Obama is a messiah figure. One example is Chris Matthews of MSNBC.
- "I’ve been following politics since I was about 5. I’ve never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. [Obama] comes along, and he seems to have the answers. This is the New Testament. This is surprising.”
- Source: Newsweek Also:
Is Barak Obama the Messiah?
- Fascinating illustrated page about Obama's amazing effect on people.
An Antichrist Obama in McCain Ad?
Rush Limbaugh to Obama: 'You are no Jesus Christ'
Sept. 12, 2008 - As part of the Democrat campaign strategy, Barack Obama is being compared to Jesus and Gov. Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate. Rush Limbaugh blasted the concept as "pathological" and "insane."
Limbaugh also said he couldn't find any Biblical references to Jesus promoting infanticide or sex education be taught to 4- and 5-year-olds.
- "I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time," said Limbaugh." I study what Jesus Christ did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Obama promises to 'remake the world'
July 24, 2008 -
- Addressing more than 200,000 elated Europeans massed in Berlin at twilight, presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama promised Thursday that he would work to unite Christians, Muslims and Jews in a safer, more united world.
- Source: Politico
- Obama's $845 billion U.N. plan forwarded to U.S. Senate floor - 'Global Poverty Act' to cost each citizen $2,500 or more - WorldNetDaily
Other questions people are asking:
- Obama Blog
- Is Barack Obama The Messiah? - Blogspot
- Barack Obama The Antichrist? - Blogspot
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.