The actual "Mark" is Antichrist's NAME or NUMBER, not ours.
It is "worn" as a symbol of worship on the right hand or on the forehead. However, national or international ID numbers are also significant because at the time the Mark is instituted, Antichrist will control all buying and selling, which obviously requires personal identification for all people.
Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
See Articles since December 31, 2008
Bumblebots and VeriChips
Nov. 25, 2008 - So far, people have not been eager to get VeriChip's injectable RFID chips. This may change dramatically since the company plans to team up with Microsoft to make patient medical information readily available online. Microsoft offers an Internet program called HealthVault, where users can view their health data and can input helpful information.
- According to a recent agreement, VeriChip's VeriMed Health Link system will be accessible through HealthVault, allowing Health Link members to interact with their health information online.
- Source: Chuck Missler - KHouse
- VeriChip partners with Microsoft HealthVault - RFID News
- VeriChip receives NASDAQ warning - RFID News
- HealthVault - Microsoft
Electronic ID Tags Can Now Be Printed!
Silicon ink targets RFIDs
Oct. 16 - Kovio Inc. has introduced its silicon ink printing scheme at the Electronic Product Code conference in Chicago. The process can literally print silicon ink on paper and other surfaces. The result is a functioning electronic circuit, including up to 128 bytes of ROM memory. The first of many possible applications is RFID (Radio frequency identification) tags.
- Kovio claims its process can reduce the cost of RFID tags using ink-jet printing by as much as 15 cents to between 5 to 10 cents each. High-volume roll-to-roll printing could further reduce costs to less than a penny.
- Source: EE Times
- Silicon circuits made ink-jet printable - EE Times
- Editor's Notes: Some variation of this technology might lead to imprinting a tattoo that could be used for credit identification and tracking.
Giant database plan 'Orwellian'
Oct. 16, 2008 - In order to fight terrorism, child sex abuse, murder and drugs trafficking, British lawmakers are consider the establishment for a central database of all mobile phone and internet traffic. Critics condemn it as "Orwellian".
- Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said the police and security services needed new powers to keep up with technology. And she promised that the content of conversations would not be stored, just times and dates of messages and calls.
- Source: BBC
Global financial crisis: does the world need a new banking 'policeman'?
Oct. 8, 2008 - The International Monitary Fund (IMF) is 64 years old, and it is apparently out of date. Neither the IMF nor the World Bank has the power to police the global financial system in time of an economic crisis like the one we now face.
An IMF-World Bank conference will gather the world's central bankers in Washington DC to discuss the crisis. The big question for them will be whether or not to establish a global economic "policeman" to keep this kind of crash from happening again. Gordon Rayner, Chief Reporter for the UK's Telegraph wonders if this group is up to the task.
- A more recent creation, the G8 group of industrialised nations, looks hopelessly out of date without the emerging economic giants of Brazil, India and China among its ranks.
- If they are, the first foundations of that new world could be laid in Washington this week.
- Source: Telegraph - UK
- IMF says rapid and decisive global action needed to stem crisis - Prophecy Central Economic Section
666 raises itís ugly head in British House of Commons debate
Jan. 10, 2008 - In a fascinating apparent coincidence, a motion in the British House of Commons to separate the connection between the Church of England and the British Government was assigned the number "666."
The motion will probably not even be debated. It would not result in any action.
- The motion simply states: "That this House calls for the disestablishment of the Church of England" -- in other words ending its status as the country's legally established, official faith.
Since its inception by King Henry VIII's break with Rome, The Church of England is the legally established faith in England. The monarch (at present, Queen Elizabeth II) is head of state and also head of the Church of England.
- Source:Assist News
Microsoft System May Monitor Workers' Brains, Bodies
Jan. 16, 2008 - Microsoft has a patent pending for a system that could link workers to their computers.
The system will alert employers to changes in the workers's mental or physical health. Hugh Tomlinson, an expert on data protection law says that the system raises "very serious privacy issues."
- Wireless sensors could read "heart rate, galvanic skin response, EMG, brain signals, respiration rate, body temperature, movement facial movements, facial expressions and blood pressure," the application states.
The patent application was published by the U.S. Patent Office last month, and it could be granted within a year.
- Source: Fox
See Articles before January 1, 2008
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.