Current Events and Links
Feasts of Israel
Other Israel Links
Newer Articles: Since Jan. 1, 2008
No room at the inn: Christmas bonanza in Bethlehem
Dec. 21, 2007 - Bethlehem is allowing 30,000 to 40,000 Christian pilgrims to visit Christ's birthplace at Christmas, and officials are hopeful that peace will prevail during the season.
- Source: Yahoo
The Vote that Resurrected Israel
Nov. 30, 2007 -
Read this article for background on the rebirth of Israel in 1948, and a key vote by the U.N. on November 29, 1947 that made it possible.
- Last month, French President Nicolas Sarkozy called the birth of modern Israel a "miracle," and said it was probably the central event of the 20th century.
- Source: CBN
Sept. 10, 2007 - Portions of an ancient drainage channel underneath the pavement of Israel's Temple Mount have been discovered. The channel was used by Jews to escape from the Romans in 70 AD.
Tiny tablet provides proof for Old Testament
July 11, 2007 - Michael Jursa, a visiting professor from Vienna, made an amazing discovery in the British Museum last Thursday. Professor Jursa, an Assyriologist, was reading various cuneiform tablets, when he recognized the name Nabu-sharrussu-ukin, described as "the chief eunuch" of Nebuchadnezzar II, king of Babylon." He correlated this find with "Nebo-Sarsekim, a chief officer" in Jeremiah 39:3.
- He had made what has been called the most important find in Biblical archaeology for 100 years, a discovery that supports the view that the historical books of the Old Testament are based on fact.
- Source: Telegraph - UK
Was Israel a Mistake?
Jan. 30, 2007 - by Paul Merkley. This article gives three views of Israel(including former President Carter's).
- Source: Christianity Today
Evangelicals Believe God Gave Israel to the Jews
Aug. 31, 2006 - A poll of over 2,000 Americans by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life indicates that the majority (69 percent) of white evangelical Protestants and those in the South support the belief that the state of Israel was given to the Jewish people by God.
Only a little more than 20% of Catholics and white mainline Protestants share this viewpoint.
- Findings also show that a majority of those who view the Bible as the literal Word of God say Israel was given by God to the Jews and that Israel is the fulfillment of prophecy (70 percent and 62 percent, respectively). The numbers were significantly lower among those who do not believe the Bible is the actual Word of God.
- Source: The Christian Post
Episcopalians Grant Anti-Israel Theologian 'Peace' Award
June 15, 2006 - Episcopal Peace Fellowship intends to give the "Peace and Justice" award to Naim Ateek, a Palestinian Anglican priest, who sees Israel as the source of all problems in the Middle East. He has advocated the forcible elimination of the state of Israel.
- Source: Crosswalk
Why are so many Jews liberal?
Apr. 28, 2006 - It is a complicated issue, but Dennis Prager gives valuable insight to the thinking of most Jewish people (outside of Israel). Most Jews are more secular than religious in their thinking. They equate Naziism with "rightist" idealogy, and are afraid of the outcome of conservative thinking. They are usually very concerned with "social justice," and are preoccupied with making this world a better place.
- Source:Jewish World Review
60% would give parts of Jerusalem for peace
Jan. 19, 2006 - A new survey in Israel indicates that 63% of Jews would be willing give up some portion of Jerusalem as part of a final peace deal with the Palestinians. Most of them would only be willing to give up Arab neighborhoods in east Jerusalem.
- Some 5.4% were willing to give up the Arab neighborhoods, the Old City's Jewish Quarter, the Mount of Olives with its Jewish and Christian holy sites, but not the Western Wall, the last remnant of the biblical Jewish Temples.
- Source:Jerusalem Post
<-hallindseyoracle.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=12347>The Great Treasure Hunt Continues…
Jan. 16, 2006 - Steve Spillman makes the case for an imminent discovery of vast oil reserves in Israel. This could be a fulfillment of prophecies for the prosperity of Israel and a motive for the war of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38 & 39).
- Source:Hal Lindsey Oracle (Story no longer online)
Sharon still in very serious condition, vital signs stable
Jan. 5, 2006 - Following Ariel Sharon's massive stroke and extensive brain surgery, Professor Shlomo Mor-Yosef, Director-General of Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusalem announced that the Prime Minister is still alive, and his vital signs are stable, but he will remain in an induced coma for at least 24 hours.
- Source: Jerusalem Post
- Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert Convenes Special Government Session - YNetNews
- Sharon's Stroke Causes Turmoil - Fox
- Future Without Ariel Sharon - Ray Hanania - YNet
Artifacts with links to Bible unearthed
Jan. 2, 2006 - Israeli archaeologists have found hundreds of additional artifacts in the rubble removed from the Temple Mount by Muslims who have been building the massive underground Marwani Mosque. The artifacts include coins, jewelry, and other articles, dating back to the Second Temple and some even to the time of Jeremiah and before. The discoveries were made by a team of archaeologists led by Bar-Ilan University's Gabriel Barkai.
- The team's discoveries span 10,000 years "and belong to all the historical periods that transpired in Jerusalem," Mr. Barkai said.
- Source:Washington Times (Story no longer online)
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.