Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page. Please also notice that translated words may be spelled in different ways by different sources (eg. Muhammad/ Mohammed).
Newer Articles: After Dec. 31, 2008
Older Articles: Before Jan. 1, 2007
Jay Smith confronts Muslim fundamentalists with fundamentalist fervor
June 14, 2008 - Jay Smith debates Muslim speakers regularly at London's famous Hyde Park Speakers Corner. He is a third-generation Brethren in Christ who was born in a remote village in India's Himalayas. As a teen he spent time at L'Abri in Switzerland where his faith was strengthened
He gained considerable knowledge of Muslim beliefs, and began to share Christianity with Muslims, but he found that their culture required them to "look like we believe what we're saying." That is when he turned to open-air debate. He says, "Paul certainly argued. Jesus certainly argued. That's the kind of love Muslims need to hear."
- At a 1981 missions conference, Smith encountered two numbers that changed his life: Only 1,500 missionaries were ministering to the world's 800 million Muslims, a missiologist reported.
- Source:Christianity Today
Nato fears over Dutch Islam film
Mar. 4, 2008 - An anti-Islamic film in The Netherlands could lead to danger for NATO troops in Afghanistan. Citizens of Afghanistan and other Islamic countries have demonstrated against the 15 minute film, "Fitna," which means strife or discord in Arabic. The movie was produced by the far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders, and is scheduled for release this month.
- He has said his film will show how the Koran is "an inspiration for intolerance, murder and terror".
- Source: BBC
A Journey from Islam to Christianity
Feb. 19, 2008 - This is the story of Adam, a young Muslim from Morocco who decided to become a Christian. When he was 20 he moved to Canada where he met many Arab Christians. He discussed his questions with a sheik in Canada. He was told that Bin Laden and Al Zawaheri represented the real Muslims. He said, "That's when I decided to leave Islam.
After accepting Christ, his wife left him, he was arrested and tortured when he visited Morocco, and after he returned to Canada his own mother ordered his death. He was pushed off a fourth story balcony in a mall. He was severely injured - doctors say he will be confined to a wheelchair for life - but he did not die. And he is not bitter, but prays for his family. He said,
- Jesus did not promise us virgins and he did not promise us rivers of wine. Instead he said In the world you will have tribulations but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.
- Source: CBN
UK teacher goes to court in Sudan
Nov. 29, 2007 - Gillian Gibbons, a British teacher, goes to court today in Sudan. She has been charged with inciting hatred and showing contempt for religious beliefs because she allowed her class to name their mascot teddy bear "Muhammad." The world is watching, and British officials are especially concerned about this situation.
- If convicted, Mrs. Gibbons could face a prison sentence, a fine or 40 lashes.
- Source: BBC
- Thousands in Sudan Call for British Teddy Bear Teacher's Execution - Fox
- Dec. 3, 2007 Update: Sudanese President Pardons British Teacher Jailed for 'Muhammad' Teddy Bear - Fox
Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week
Sept. 21, 2007 -
The following is the first paragraph of the article:
- Beginning on October 22, student groups across the nation will hold Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week on their campuses. These protest weeks will feature a series of events designed to bring a message to these academic communities that challenges most of what students are taught about the so-called War on Terror both in the classroom and on the quad.
- Source: FrontPage Magazine
Report: Al-Qaida eyes Iraq ties for U.S. attack
July 17, 2007 - According to a new National Intelligence Estimate, the Al Qaida network in Iraq will most likely use its connections there to mount an attack on U.S. soil.
- National Intelligence Estimates are the most authoritative written judgments of the 16 spy agencies across the breadth of the U.S. government. These agencies reflect the consensus long-term thinking of top intelligence analysts. Portions of the documents are occasionally declassified for public release.
- Source: MSNBC
'Islamic world in cold war'
Mar. 22, 2007 - Dr. Uzi Rabi, of the Department of Middle Eastern and African History at Tel Aviv University, told a conference in Tel Aviv that there is actually a cold war going on between Shiite and Sunni branches of Islam. Iran is the champion of the Shiite view, and their agents are infiltrating other countries of the Middle East. The terrorism in Iran is fueled by envoys of both branches. Saudi Arabia is indirectly supporting al-Qaeda to prevent a Shiite takeover of Iran. He said:
- "Pragmatic Arab states, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and the small Gulf states, have recently joined into a bloc aimed at checking the Shiite phenomenon sweeping the Middle East."
- Source: YNet News
Love Your Muslim as Yourself
Mar. 16, 2006 - The public needs to know more about the complexities of Islamic belief and politics. Christians should study these things in order to be effective witnesses. And legislators are still woefully ignorant of these vital truths, and unable to make wise decisions about our involvement in the Middle East.
- Source: Christianity Today
40% of young UK Muslims want sharia law
Jan. 31, 2007 - A survey entitled "Living Together Apart: British Muslims and the Paradox of Multiculturalism" found that young Muslims (between the ages of 16-24) held more fundamental beliefs than those over the age of 55. Among their findings:
- - Forty percent would prefer to live under sharia law in the UK.
- - Thirty-six percent said a Muslim who converted to another religion should be "punished by death.
- - Thirteen percent said they "admired" organizations such as al-Qaida.
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.