Click on one of these
references to see
Thanks to the services of:
Share International Reveals Christmas Miracle
Dec. 12, 2008 - Share International's spokesman, author and lecturer Benjamin Creme, has spent 30 years declaring that Maitreya, a messiah for the world is living in London but has not yet been revealed. An announcement from the organization says that a great miracle will soon appear. It will be a large, bright star in the sky "visible to all throughout the world -- night and day."
- Around a week later, Maitreya, the World Teacher for all humanity, will begin his open emergence and though not yet using the name Maitreya will be interviewed on a major US television program.
- Source: Share International
- Prophecy Central's Maitreya Page
As 'New World Order' Shapes Up, Fear Is That An Anti-Christ Spirit Will Control It
Nov. 21, 2008 - Global problems, such as financial collapse, terrorism, and environmental issues are prompting a move toward global governance. Last week, the UK's Prime Minister Gordon Brown urged Barack Obama to become a "globalized" leader. He said, "We can seize the moment and in doing so build a truly global society."
Amazingly, executives from companies like Google have proposed a globalized "religion."
While some people are trying in vain to identify the PERSON who could become Antichrist, it is becoming increasingly obvious that there is a strong movement toward a global government, and that the SPIRIT of Antichrist will control it.
- One can be excused for concern here too -- in that Google, Microsoft, and many other "tech" companies are less than warm toward traditional Christianity.
- Source: Spirit Daily
Nov. 21, 2008 - Just in time for the Christmas season, some of the boldest anti-Christian attacks ever are appearing. These include:
1 - Violent demonstrations against churches and Christian orgainzations
- after the passage of the Prop 8 Marriage Amendment in California.
2 - Anti-God signs on busses
- The American Humanist Association has bought ads on Metrobuses in the District of Columbia that say, "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness' sake."
- John Kelly - The Washington Post
- Humanists Launch Godless Holiday Campaign - American Humanist Association
3 - "Imagine No Religion" Billboards
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation recently put up a billboard with the message "Imagine No Religion." The organization advocates the separation of church and state. This is their first billboard with this message in the state, but they have a goal of displaying its messages in every state that permits billboards.
- Athiest group's first billboard in state up in Rancho Cucamonga - Inland Empire Daily Bulletin
- Controversial 'Imagine No Religion' billboard removed in Rancho Cucamonga - - Inland Empire Daily Bulletin
How Obama prepped world for the Antichrist
Aug. 1, 2008 - Hal Lindsey comments on presidential candidate Barak Obama's European tour. His remarks to huge crowds made him sound like he was running for "President of the World."
Lindsey says the world's pressing problems make it ready for "someone like him a messiah-like figure, charismatic and glib and seemingly holding all the answers to all the world's questions." He says Obama isn't Antichrist, but he has given a foretaste of how Antichrist will be received.
- "People of Berlin people of the world this is our moment. This is our time. ... With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Is Obama a (or the) Messiah?
Feb. 21, 2008 - Newsweek's Claire Hoffman responds to questions from all sides about whether or not Barak Obama is a messiah figure. One example is Chris Matthews of MSNBC.
- "Ive been following politics since I was about 5. Ive never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. [Obama] comes along, and he seems to have the answers. This is the New Testament. This is surprising.
- Source: Newsweek
- Is Barak Obama the Messiah? - Blog
Religious Leaders Defend Moon's Capitol Hill Coronation As 'King of Peace'
July 1, 2004 -
Moon is founder of founder of the Unification Church and founder of The Interreligious and International Federation for World Peace. He owns the Washington Times newspaper, and exerts incredible influence in the world of politics. He is considered "Messiah" by many.
- Sun Myung Moon and his wife were crowned the "King and Queen of Peace" on March 23rd -- inside the Dirksen Senate Office Building with Members of Congress looking on.
- Source:CSN News
Then You Might Be the Antichrist
June 29, 2004 - Among the possible candidates for Antichrist, one could list Prince Charles of England, King Juan Carlos of Spain, Mikhail Gorbachev, or an Islamic terrorist. However, we schould be looking for the coming of Christ, not Antichrist. At this stage of history we can't be sure who Antichrist will be, and we shouldn't care much.
- The Bible promises a crown of righteousness for those who love His coming. Not for watching for His enemy. Looking for the antichrist misdirects the focus away from the Lord's return -- an event that must occur first.
- Source:John Kinsella - Omega Report
- See June, 2006 article in our Religions section: Charles should have interfaith coronation, ex-archbishop insists
The Mr. Antichrist Evil Pageant
- Pictures of some of the "contenders" for the title.
- Source: Rapture Ready
Antichrist Fears Put Church in Crisis
- Feb. 21, 2001 - Russian Orthodox Christians are causing a stir in Russia by refusing to accept the country's tax ID number. they are not opposed to a number as much as they are to the bar code on the form which they fear could be the mark of the beast.
So far, about 1% of the country's citizens have refused the number. They express fear of "totalitarian global control," which comes with computerization.
- The problem was "imported" to Russia about two years ago, when the
government began to introduce the tax IDs and a bar code was placed on
the application form. Under an international system known as UEA/UPC,
every bar code has three pairs of thin parallel stripes in the beginning, middle
and end of the code, which uses combinations of strips and spaces to signify
numbers easily readable by a scanner.
These three pairs of stripes, which bear no meaning and separate the parts of
the code, look similar to the combinations of stripes used to mark the
number six. Thus this gives grounds for fears, shared by arch-conservative
Christian groups worldwide, that all computerized accounting is based on the
number 666, which is cited in [Revelation] 13, 17-18 as the "name of the
beast," without which "no man might buy or sell."
- The Orthodox hierarchy took a middle-ground position on the issue, saying:
- "The church does not condemn people who refuse to accept INN, but
expresses concern about the spiritual health of those who are proud of their
- Source: Moscow Times
- WorldNetDaily's Poll:Do you think 'the Antichrist' mentioned in the Bible is alive today?
- - Nearly 70% think so! (Story no longer online)
The Middle East peace paradox
- Sept. 20, 2000 - Best-selling author Hal Lindsey makes his debut as a regular contributor to WorldNetDaily with this article tracing the seemingly impossible task of achieving peace in Israel. He explains the spiritual and historical roots of the problem and the prophecy about one who will finally succeed. Unfortunately, that one will be Antichrist.
- Source: WorldNetDaily (Story no longer online)
Israel Suggests Spanish Mediation on Jerusalem
- Aug. 15, 2000 - Israel's Foreign Minister, Shlomo Ben-Ami, has asked Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Pique to invite King Juan Carlos of Spain to play a mediating role
with Arab countries, with whom he has good relationships, in peace talks focusing on the future of Jerusalem.
- Source: Yahoo (Story no longer online)
- This is interesting since some Bible teachers have considered King Juan Carlos as a possible candidate for Antichrist. Please note: This is just one of many theories. We do not believe in trying to positively identify Antichrist before the Rapture.
Falwell Clarifies Belief That Biblical Antichrist Will Be Jewish
- Jan. 1999 - Clarification of his view after media reported and somewhat misrepresented his statements. (Story no longer online)
BIG NEWS! Benjamin Creme Meets With Press Today
- Nov. 25, 1997 - If the promised meeting takes place at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, we should have some interesting news later today about Maitreya.
- Who Is Maitreya? - Share International's Web Site
- Earlier article about Maitreya
- We have established a new page to track his progress
- Antichrist won't be revealed until after the Rapture, but there are some interesting possibilities about his family line discussed in Chuck Missler's September, 1995 article, "The Geneaology of the Antichrist."
Theories About Antichrist
Important Notice: We do not believe Antichrist can be identified until the Church has been taken away and the Tribulation has begun. See Warnings and Cautions. The following information is to show the many wrong identifications which have been made in the past and a few current possibilities. We do not agree with any of these who think Antichrist can be positively identified at this time. We do think Antichrist may already be alive, and could be well known, but he will not be revealed as the evil one before the Rapture.
Mistaken Historical Identifications
(As types of evil leaders they might qualify for John's description:
"Many antichrists" - 1 John 2:18)
- (Following a list in William M. Alnor's book Soothsayers of the Second Advent
- Adolph Hitler
- Benito Mussolini
- Kurt Waldheim
- Willy Brandt
- Pope Paul VI
- Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
Various Theories about Antichrist
Saddam Hussein Is Antichrist
- The author of this site proposes that Saddam is Antichrist and Koffi Annan is the False Prophet. (Story no longer online)
Theory: Antichrist will come from Lebannon
- Author Frank L. Caw's book and web site The Ultimate Deception treat this possibility.
Theory: President Clinton could be Antichrist
- From the December 1996 issue of Prophecy In The News magazine: "Clinton Wins Second Term."
- This article shows President Clinton's ancestry, on his mother's side, can be traced back to King Henry III of England, Presidents William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison, King Robert I of France, and other royal ancestors. This information was sealed from view until recently. J.R. Church wonders whether Clinton might be a candidate for the role of future world leader. The article includes many other thought provoking facts along these lines.
- Same information from NewStandard (Standard-Times): 10/28/96:Presidential hopefuls share blueblood lines
Theory: King Juan Carlos of Spain could be Antichrist
- Charles Taylor proposed this possibility in his book "The Antichrist King."
Theory: Henry Kissinger's could be Antichrist. His name adds up to 666.
- This is an older theory now, but there is still interest in this possibility.
Theory: Prince Charles may be Antichrist.
- Great Joy In Great Tribulation espouses this theory. Among other reasons given, his name adds up to 666. They suggest that we are already in the Tribulation.
Part of the book The Antichrist and A Cup of Tea is online. This book presents the possibility that Prince Charles is the one.
- See the article: Charles should have interfaith coronation, ex-archbishop insists
- What's so great about living in Vanuatu? Prince Charles is worshipped in Vanatu, "the happiest place on earth" - July 13, 2006 - BBC
Theory: The Roman Catholic Church is the Antichrist System
- A common view from reformers with amillennial theology
Theory: Mikhail Gorbachev fulfilled the prophecy of the coming Prince
- Charlie Allen's website called "Prophecy, Eschatology, and Discoveries" proposes that Gorbachev's 1985 unilateral commitment to end deployment of medium-range nuclear missiles in Europe was the fulfillment of the prophecy of the "prince" who would come "after 69 weeks" and make a "strong and firm covenant with the many for a 7." (Daniel 9) (Story no longer online)
Theory: Is Maitreya Antichrist?
Websites for Maitreya
- Share International - Who is Maitreya?
- The World Teacher - Lord Maitreya
- Welcome to the Mission Of Maitreya
- Our own page to track his progress
Theory:What if Tony Blair is Antichrist?
- Pastor Malone of Calvary Prophecy Page gives his reasons to be suspicious of Mr. Blair.
Tony Blair Converts to Catholicism - Dec. 22, 2007 - Topix
Newsweek asks, "Is Obama a (or the) Messiah?" during the 2008 presidential campaign.
- Is Barak Obama the Messiah? - Blogspot
- Hal Lindsey wrote about How Obama prepped world for the Antichrist - He says Obama isn't Antichrist, but he has given a foretaste of how Antichrist will be received.
- An Antichrist Obama in McCain Ad? - TIME
- Could Barack Obama be Antichrist?Prophecy Central - Obama Watch
Theory:Could Bill Gates be the one?
- Interesting totals using ASCII numbers
Theory: David, the Antichrist
- This is blasphemous nonsense by a person claiming to be an Antichrist (he used to think he was the one and only Antichrist). He says John Lennon speaks to him. (Story no longer online)
Theory: It's Barney!
- Maybe you could use a laugh about now. Here's a thought from "brucehowes" via IDEA-CENTRAL:
Note to all prophecy buffs, the revelation of the TRUE anti-christ is now exposed. It is Barney. here's proof:
- 1. Start with the given:
- CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR
- 2. Change all U's to V's (which is proper Latin anyway)
- CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR
- 3. Extract all Roman Numerals:
- C- V -- V- L -- D - I -V
- 4. Convert these into Arabic values:
- 100- 5 - 5 -50 - 500 - 1 - 5
- 5. Add these numbers:
- There you have it, proof that Barney is the Antichrist! Please pass this truth on to every prophecy student you know. It is imperative that we get the word out before it's too late!
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.
More News Stories
Excerpts from The Prophecy Puzzle
In the actual software package, many key words would appear as colored hyperlinks to other articles. These links are not shown here.
And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.
The dragon is the same as the one in the previous chapter, which has already been identified as Satan (12:9). The beast coming out of the sea is separate from the dragon. The sea in may be symbolic of many people, as in chapter 20, verse 8. As seen in the later verses of this chapter, this beast is actually Antichrist because he derives his power from Satan, requires people to worship him, and institutes economic dictatorship over the entire earth. The word beast means a ferocious animal. It is symbolic of the character of the Antichrist. In chapter 6, verse 1 he was introduced as a rider on a white horse. When he is first revealed he is seen as a powerful deliverer from the problems of the world. By the time he institutes his ultimate control over the earth he is seen a dangerous, bloodthirsty animal.
As shown in the previous article, the explanation for the seven heads and ten horns is given in chapter 17. They are seven world empires, starting in ancient human history, five of which had come and gone.(Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece), one of which existed at the time (Rome), and one which was still future.(17:10) The ten horns are "ten kings which have not yet received a kingdom" (17:12) who will reign with "the Beast" (Antichrist) for a short time. This means that the final world empire controlled by Satan will begin as an alliance of ten member nations. The blasphemous names refer to the ungodly character of each of these world empires.
The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.
The Prophet Daniel himself also had a vision about a succession of empires which were described as a lion, a bear, a leopard, and an indescribable, frightening beast with iron teeth. (Daniel 7:1-7). These empires are exactly parallel to the ones in Nebuchadnezzar's dream (chapter 2). They therefore represent Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome. The beast in Revelation 13 has characteristics of the first three of these empires, symbolized in reverse order by the leopard, the bear, and the lion. With the power granted to him by Satan, he epitomizes the cruel conquering power of Rome, the last of the world empires to date. Antichrist's career during The Tribulation Period will undoubtedly fulfill the nightmarish prophecies of the rest of Daniel's vision (Daniel 7:8-11,19-26).
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.
There are two ways this prophecy might be fulfilled. The first is the most direct, since the fatal wound was on one of the seven heads. The sixth head represents Rome, which ceased to exist as a world empire in AD 476 when conquered by the German chieftain Odoacer. In that sense, the sixth head suffered a fatal wound, and will be miraculously brought back to life by the emergence of Antichrist's world empire of the last days. One problem with this view is that all the previous empires also ceased to exist. Thus they all suffered a fatal wound, but only this one will come back to life.
The other possible fulfillment is that Antichrist himself will receive a "fatal" wound to his head and then be "healed." Since he is a false Christ, perhaps he will even imitate Jesus in the all-important area of resurrection. If this is the meaning, it is interesting to notice that the wording of the prophecy is not "raised from the dead" but that "the fatal wound had been healed," possibly meaning that his "death" was temporary, and medical means were used to restore his life. In our times, many people experience death (indicated by a flat line monitoring brain activity), but are brought back by restarting their hearts. Others are having their bodies frozen as soon as they die in special cryogenic solutions in the hopes that science will someday discover a way to revive them and then heal them of their deadly diseases.
Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshipped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"
Satan has always desired to be worshipped (Isaiah 14:12-14 and Matthew 4:8-11). Antichrist, who is energized by Satan will also crave worship. This becomes even more clear later in this passage
5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months.
6 He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.
7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
These descriptions of Antichrist are strikingly similar to those given in Daniel 7, as noted above. In that passage he is described as speaking boastfully (Daniel 7:8), and waging war against the Saints (Daniel 7:21). In addition, it is said that, "He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time." (Daniel 7:25). "A time, times, and half a time" could be interpreted as 31/2 "times" or years, which is exactly the same as the forty-two months of Revelation 13:5!
8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast-- all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.
9 He who has an ear, let him hear.
10 If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.
During the second half of The Tribulation, also known as The Great Tribulation, anyone who wants to survive will be forced to worship the beast. The sign of this worship is given below. It is the Mark of The Beast. True Christians during the period will not worship him, nor will they accept the mark. Because of this, believers will be driven underground, and if they are found they will be captured and put to death. These believers' names are written in the Book of Life. Those who will worship Antichrist do not have their names written in this book.
11 Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a Lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
12 He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
13 And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
This third person of the unholy trinity, is symbolized by horns of a lamb, showing his religious affiliation, and a voice like a dragon, indicating his Satanic empowerment. He is often referred to as the False Prophet, because of his apparent religiosity and ability to perform miraculous signs like the prophets of old. His role is to convince people to worship the first beast, Antichrist. He may well be the personal head of the apostate one-world religion of that future time.
14 Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
This image of Antichrist corresponds directly to the Abomination of Desolation (Daniel 9:27) when Antichrist breaks the seven year covenant with Israel and sets up an image in the Temple. This, of course is also in complete agreement with the timing mentioned above, leaving exactly the three and one half years of the Great Tribulation. Jesus also mentioned this event in His description of the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:15 ff). A speaking image could be the product of animation technologies, holography, genetic engineering, virtual reality, or a supernatural phenomenon.
This False Prophet has supernatural powers, obviously granted to him by Satan, like Pharaoh's magicians in the days of Moses who were able to mimic some of Moses' miracles (Exodus 7:11) and the first two of the Ten Plagues (Exodus 7:22; 8:7; 8:18). He uses this power to make this horrific image breathe and talk. None of his powers should be construed to actually give life, which only God can do, but to deceive people into thinking that he could do so -- first by raising ('healing") Antichrist's wound, and then by making the image appear to be alive. This trick may be more than our modern technologies of animation and holography, but it is a deception just the same.
16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18 This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666. (NIV)
This is the heart of Antichrist's plan for economic dictatorship. The technologies are in widespread use now which will enable him to institute a cashless society and literally control the privilege of buying and selling world-wide.
We can not know who Antichrist is until he is revealed, after the Restrainer (The Holy Spirit) is no longer holding back sin (2 Thessalonians 2:1-11). But those who are alive during this period should be able to recognize him in a number of ways. Certainly by the time he sets up the Abomination of Desolation, everyone who knows the Bible will know who he is. But before that, while he appears to offer a wonderful solution to the world's problems, various numbering systems will be in use, and by one of these, Antichrist's own number should be 666. Using various numbering systems, several interesting possibilities can already be identified.
Notice that the number is to be placed on the right hand or on the forehead. This is an obvious, external symbol of compliance - even of worship - of Antichrist. It is not an invisible tattoo or an implanted transponders chip implants, even though these things might also be employed to make all of this possible.
It is also interesting that the number is not the number of each subject who receives it, but Antichrist's own number, or, optionally, his very name! Surely each subject will also have his own number, whether that is on a card, a tattoo, or an implanted device, but this actual Mark of The Beast is his name or number, a proof that the subject has agreed to worship him!
Last Updated: 5/11/12
Copyright © 1996-2012 by Ron Graff. All rights reserved.