Other Questions People are Asking
Moral Issues in Campaign 2012
See more recent articles: After December 31, 2013
Older Articles: Before Jan. 1, 2013
Mr. Obama's deafening silence
Dec. 16, 2013 - Michael Youssef quotes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." In behalf of persecuted Christians everywhere Youssef wonders why there is no word of compassion from President Obama for Christians who are being killed or mutilated,and for the churches being destroyed in Nigeria, Central African Republic, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, or any of the fifty-plus other countries whereChristians are being persecuted. He asks the president, if he claims to be a Christian, to be like Dr. King and break his silence.
- Source: Michael Youssef - OneNewsNow
'2016': Obama plans to 'take America down'
Nov. 27, 2013 - In 2012 Dinesh D'Souza produced “2016: Obama’s America,” the year's highest-grossing documentary. It predicted that Obamawould purposely spend money promiscuously, raising the national debt radically in spite of the negative impact of the debt on American citizens. At the timehe said that he hoped he was wrong, but unfortunately, the president has racked up the debt at the rate of $1 trillion a year.
D'Souza's predictions were based on the socialist/ communist/ even anti-American upbringing of our president.
Obama’s plot to “drag the economy down” and redistribute American wealth to the rest of the world – and financially cripple the nation – he explains, “is atransfer of hundreds of billions, in fact trillions of dollars, out of the United States and into other countries.” He has now released an 8-minute addition to the film that can be viewed on the Internet.
- Source: WND
The marriage penalty within ObamaCare
Nov. 20, 2013 - ObamaCare charges people thousands of dollars per year for being married. Dr. Janice Crouse of Concerned Womenfor America says,
"And you incur thousands of dollars every year of penalty for being married. Over a lifetime, The Heritage Foundation says that comes tomore than $200,000. Couples are even considering getting divorced because of the profound anti-marriage bias within this ObamaCare bill."
- Source: - OneNewsNow
- Concerned Women for America
Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance
Oct. 29, 2013 - Between 2009 and 2012 President Obama repeatedly assured Americans who liked their health insurance plans thatthey would be able to keep it.
But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare,say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years. NBC News says that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter.
- Source: NBC
- Obamacare and NSA spying: What did Obama know, and when did he find out? - CNN
- White House knew ObamaCare claims were false - Fox
- Krauthammer: ObamaCare will collapse on its own - Fox
- Obama Doesn't Know Jack - Rush Limbaugh
NSA Spying Threatens to Hamper US Foreign Policy
Oct. 27, 2013 -
President Barack Obama has defended America's surveillance dragnet to leaders of Russia, Mexico, Brazil, France and Germany, but theinternational anger over the disclosures shows no signs of abating in the short run. It is no surprise that governments are able to snoop on electronic conversations, but the extent of the information-gathering is not onlyalarming to America's enemies, but also to its allies. This scandal threatens to lessen our country's influence, and is making Secretary of StateKerry's job much more difficult.
- Source: NewsMax
- NSA's big red ears of shame - i24 News
- Anger at Obama goes beyond NSA, Europe - WND
Is Obama Creating a Martial-law-ready Military?
Oct. 16, 2013 - In this editorial the alarm is sounded about the president's demographic manipulation of not only the nation atlarge, but also of the military. Our armed forces have been a bastion of conservatism and Christian faith, so many of them are notfond of the president's views. Gradually during his years in office he has beefed up affirmative action, promoting minorities and women,homosexuals and lesbians. In addition, he has clamped down on Christian expression, issued instructional materials that characterize traditionalistsas a threat, and forced military personnel to be politically correct about Islam.
All of this raises the specter of a military that might conform to non-traditional orders if the President were to declare Martial Law.
- Source: Selwin Duke - American Thinker
Obama Secretly Signing Away U.S. Sovereignty
Oct. 16, 2013 - The Obama administration is conducting secret negotiations to establish a proposed free-trade agreement knownas the Trans-Pacific Partnership or TPP. Critics of the agreement claim that if such an agreement is approved, it will severely restrict ournational sovereignty.
- Source: WND
Obama to meet LGBT activists in Russia
Decision could infuriate Vladimir Putin
Sept. 3, 2013 - President Obama will go to St. Petersburg, Russia soon to attend the G20 summit.
Following his cancellation of a bilateral meeting with President Vladimir Putin, U.S. President Barack Obama may infuriate the Kremlin furtherby meeting Russian human rights activists, including LGBT rights groups.
- Source: WND
Does Obama hate Christianity, or just Christians?
Aug. 24, 2013 - While Coptic churches in Egypt are being burned, and Christians are tormented and killed, President Obama'aresponse has been minimal. He did make a passing reference to the plight of Christians there: “including in churches.”
Obama and his administration are more openly hostile towards the Christian faith and its expression than any other administrationin American history.
- Source: Frank Kacer - Washington Times
NSA program reportedly allows analysts to track emails, chats, web searches
Aug. 1, 2013 - New information published by The Guardian reveals that the NSA's massive database captures all Internet trafficand could allow analysts to scour individuals' emails, chats and Internet browsing histories at will. The NSA acknowledged the existence of theprogram (called XKeyscore), but said that "allegations of widespread, unchecked analyst access to NSA collection data are simply not true."
The Guardian report seems to make a distinction between what is technically possible under this program and what is legally allowed. It notesthat U.S. law requires the NSA to get a warrant if the target is a U.S. individual. However, The Guardian article claimed that the NSA allows analysts to search for information after simply filling out an on-screen form givinga basic justification.
- Source: Fox
- XKeyscore: NSA tool collects 'nearly everything a user does on the internet' - The Guardian
- Presenting XKeyscore: What the N.S.A. Is Still Hiding - The New Yorker
- XKeyscore presentation from 2008 - The Guardian
Noonan: A Bombshell in the IRS Scandal
July 18, 2013 - A congressional hearing about the IRS targeting of conservative groups uncovered dramatic new information that someDemocratic members tried to minimize. Knowledge of the scandalous practices apparently rose at least to the level of the chief cousel of the IRS.
Still, what landed was a bombshell. And Democrats know it. Which is why they are so desperate to make the investigation go away. They know, asRepublicans do, that the chief counsel of the IRS is one of only two Obama political appointees in the entire agency.
- Source: Peggy Noonan - Wall Street Journal
- Watchdog decries ‘unprecedented’ treatment by Dems at IRS hearing - Fox
- Investigation one step closer to White House - WND
Miscellaneous Disturbing Issues
July 12, 2013
- Dominican Republic outraged over Obama’s pick of gay ambassador - Washington Times
- List of Obama Scandals and Controversies - About.com
- Poll: Obama approval rating 'under water' - USA Today
- Judge In Zimmerman Case Pressured by Obama Administration? - InfoWars
- Above the law -- Obama's radical rejection of the rule of law has fatal consequences - Judge Andrew Napolitano - Fox
- Obama's Africa trip will cost taxpayers $100 mln - RT
- Ted Nugent notes stark irony of Obama using P-word to describe scandals - WND
Barack Obama’s Crisis-Driven Second Term
Jun. 25, 2013 - One crisis after another dworns out the previous one, making it very difficult for the government to function.
- Lack of information and action over the Benghazi attack
- Possible war with North Korea
- Justice Department's surveillance of Fox News reporter James Rosen
- IRS targeting of conservatives
- NSA spying on phone calls and Internet traffic
- Security leaks by Snowden
- Tensions between the US and China
- Tensions between the US and Russia
- Source: Time Magazine
- New warning: 'Totalitarianism' on way -Obama 'heads biggest surveillance network ever' - WND
U.S. senator sees damaged relations with Russia over Snowden
Jun. 23, 2013 -
Democratic U.S. Senator Charles Schumer charged on Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin likely knew and approved of fugitive EdwardSnowden's flight from Hong Kong to Russia and that it will "have serious consequences" in the U.S.- Russian relationship. It is believed that Snowden will eventually leave Moscow and go to Venezuela via Cuba.
- Source: Chicago Tribune
- Update 6/25/13 - Russian official says Snowden hasn't crossed into Russian territory, rejects US demands - Fox
- Update 7/16/13 - Snowden Files Russian Asylum Request Voice of America
- Update 7/24/13 - Russia allows Snowden 'to leave Moscow airport' - Fox
- Update 8/1/13 - NSA spy leaks: Edward Snowden leaves Moscow airport - BBC
Edward Snowden extradition attempts 'could take years'
Jun. 22, 2013 - On Friday the US charged Snowden with violations of the US Espionage Act. The US and Hong Kong have an extraditiontreaty, but it could be a slow process, and at this point he has not been arrested by Hong Kong and is free to travel to another country.
Snowden has admitted leaking secrets about classified US surveillance programmes, which he said he did in the public interest. Supporterssay he is a whistleblower, while critics call him a criminal and perhaps even a traitor.
- Source: Guardian
Yes, NSA has content of phone calls, emails
Jun. 11, 2013 - Defense sources say that the National Security Agency already collects more than the “metadata” such aswho contacted who, when and where. They also store the content of emails and phone calls. President Obama referred to this capability.has access to all the content of intercepted emails and phone calls, not just the
Obama said that “if anybody in government wanted to go further than just that top-line data and wanted to, for example, listen to JackieCalmes’ phone call, they’d have to go back to a federal judge and, and, and indicate why, in fact, they were doing further – further probing.”
- Source: WND
- Snooping technology: Guardian angel or Lucifer? - Pat Buchanan - WND
- Iceland opens door for NSA whistleblower - WND
- StartPage.com doesn't give feds data - WND
- 27 Edward Snowden Quotes About U.S. Government Spying That Should Send A Chill Up Your Spine - The Economic Collapse
- Main Core: A List Of Millions Of Americans That Will Be Subject To Detention During Martial Law - The American Dream
- From 11/1/2009 - NSA to store yottabytes of surveillance data in Utah megarepository - TechCrunch
- Yottabyte - Tech Terms
- NSA Director Says Data Programs Foiled Plots - Prophecy Central
- How NSA scandal is helping Obama - WND
Obama Plan B Decision: Feds To Comply With NY Judge's Ruling
Jun. 10, 2013 - The federal government has decided to comply with a judges' order to allow girls of any age tobuy emergency contraception without prescriptions.
- The decision ends a years-long fight between President Barack Obama's administration, which had argued that age limits for the morning-afterpill are common sense, and women's rights groups, which insisted the drug should be made as freely available as aspirin.
- Source: Huffington Post
- The Morning-After Pill: Coming to a Vending Machine Near You? - Religion Today
Edward Snowden comes forward as source of NSA leaks
Jun. 10, 2013 - Edward Snowden, the 29-year-old man who says he is a former undercover CIA employee, said that he disclosed thesecret NSA documents that he believes expose the massive surveillance programs that target innocent citizens. He could beextradited back to the U.S. for prosecution.
- “I’m not going to hide,” Snowden told The Post from Hong Kong, where he has been staying. “Allowing the U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is contrary to the public interest.”
- Source: Washington Post
- NSA whistle-blower who sought to 'inform the public' in surveillance leak faces jail - Fox
- NSA whistleblower afraid for his life? - WND
- Beck: Not a Jew alive if Hitler had Obama's tech - WND
- Rand Paul: Sue Obama's surveillance state - WND
NSA taps in to user data of Google, Skype and others, secret files reveal
Jun. 7, 2013 - The Guardian has obtained a top secret powerpoint presentation that claims that The National Security Agency now hasdirect access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants.
The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called PRISM, which allows officials to collect material including searchhistory, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says.
- Source: Guardian - UK
- From Apr. 14, 2013 - NSA data center front and center in debate over liberty, security and privacy - Prophecy Central Technology Section - from Fox
- NY Times: Obama Administration 'Has Lost All Credibility' - NewsMax
- President Obama’s Dragnet - NY Times
- Obama administration defends 2nd mass surveillance project - Fox
- Intel chief misled Congress on NSA snooping? - WND
- Patriot Act Author Sensenbrenner: Collecting Phone Data 'Un-American' - NewsMax
- Limbaugh: 'We are in the midst of a coup' - WND
- Israeli authorities use far wider surveillance powers than those causing storm in US - Times of Israel
- For tech companies, defying US intelligence demands not an option - FirstPost
- NSA's Prism surveillance program: how it works and what it can do - Guardian - UK
Number of government scandals growing
Jun. 6, 2013
- Benghazi attack cover-up - Where's the Patriotic Wrath Over Benghazi? - Front Page Mag.
- Under cloud of suspicion - Susan Rice to replace Donilon as national security adviser - National Journal
- Ignoring freedom of speech - IRS targeting conservatives - Fox
- IRS waste - Blasted by Congress, IRS apologizes for lavish events - USA Today
- Ignoring freedom of the press - Eric Holder Signed Off On Decision To Subpoena Fox News Telephone Records - Huffington Post
- Big brother watching - NSA collecting phone records for millions of Verizon customers - Fox
- It begins: Major demand to impeach Obama - WND
- Obama's War on Christians - WND
Rove: Obama 'Directly' Involved in Benghazi Lie; Scandals 'Corrosive'
May 23, 2013 - Republican strategist Karl Rove says that the current spate of governmental scandals, and especially the Benghaziattack of last Sept. 11, will gradually diminish the president's approval ratings. He told NewsMax reporters,
- “The West Wing was complicit in the Benghazi lie. . . I believe that, ultimately, the president is responsible for setting the tone.”
- Source: NewsMax
In wake of scandal, Obama ousts IRS chief -- who was planning to resign anyway
May 16, 2013 - Because of the IRS scandal about targeting conservative organizations for audits, President Obama has "fired"(accepted the resignation of) acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller. He said “Americans have a right to be angry about it, and I’m angry about it.”
- An official close to Miller told Fox News, shortly after Obama's brief announcement, that the IRS chief was "set to resign the positionof acting commission as of early June."
- Source: Fox
- IRS targeting of tea party 'easily influenced' election - WND
AP: Justice Department seizure of phone records an unprecedented intrusion
May 14, 2013 - The Associated Press is upset by what they call a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into newsgathering operations bythe Obama administration.
Every call made by about 100 reporters was turned over to the Justice Department.
- AP revealed on Monday that the justice department, without informing the organisation in advance, had obtained two months' worth of phonerecords of calls made by reporters and editors.
- Source: Guardian - UK
- Lawmakers rip Justice Department over AP phone records grab - Fox
Justice to Investigate IRS Targeting of Tea Party
May 15, 2013 -
Attorney General Eric Holder said that the FBI is coordinating with the Department of Justice to determine IF laws were broken.
- The IRS apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups. The IRS admission was madeat an American Bar Association conference.
- Source: NewsMax
- Dick Morris: Using IRS Against Your Enemies an 'Impeachable Offense'
- Boehner on IRS Scandal: 'Who is going to jail?' - CNN
In IRS scandal, echoes of Watergate
May 13, 2013 - Recent disclosures that the IRS is deliberately targeting groups sympathetic to the Tea Party or advocating patriotism orconstitutional rights has hit the news as another scandal that affects the White House. Commentator George T. Will notes that 40 years ago a similar complainthelped bring down President Nixon during the Watergate Scandal era.
- Source: George T. Will - Washington Post
Huckabee: Obama will be ousted over Benghazi
May 7,, 2013 - Mike Huckabee told his radio audience that the new evidence about the terrorist attack in Benghazi will result inthe termination of President Obama's term of service.
- “When a president lies to the American people and is part of a cover-up, he cannot continue to govern... I don’t thinkthis president will finish his term unless somehow they can delay it in Congress past the next three and a half years.”
- Source: WND
- Obama impeachment bill now in Congress - WND
Claim: Obama hid 'gay life' to become president
May 7, 2013 - This article lists a number of disturbing reports by various people that President Obama was part of thehomosexual culture in Chicago before becoming a Senator.
- Source: WND
Other Questions People are Asking: