Other Questions People are Asking
Moral Issues in Campaign 2012
Susan Rice to replace Donilon as national security adviser
Jun. 5, 2013 - Susan Rice, Ambassador to the U.N., withdrew from consideration for Secretary of State after she was criticizedfor the misleading statements about the Benghazi attack, but she will be appointed to the position of National Security Advisor. The positiondoes not need Senate confirmation, and is seen as an affront by President Obama to Republicans.
- Source: Fox
Top IRS official to invoke Fifth Amendment, decline to testify at House hearing
May 22, 2013 - The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee meets today to investigate the issue of IRS agents unfairlytargeting Tea Party-related groups. They have subpoenaed Lois Lerner, the director of the IRS division that has oversight of tax-exemptorganizations. Her attorney has already said that she will invoke the Fifth Amendment and not answer questions that might incriminate herself.
- Source: Fox
IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office
May 17, 2013 -
Meanwhile, her second-in-charge of the scandal-plagued unit, Joseph Grant has taken oversight of the tax-exempt organizations
- Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has sinceleft that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.
- Source: ABC
- In wake of scandal, Obama ousts IRS chief -- who was planning to resign anyway
- Obama Appoints OMB’s Werfel as Acting IRS Commissioner - Bloomberg
- Congressman gets standing O for nailing IRS chief
- The IRS scandal: Is Sarah Hall Ingram the next head to roll? - The Week
Former FBI Agent: Brennan An Islamist Sympathizer At Best, Convert At Worst?? – OpEd
Feb. 11, 2013 -
- This weekend, the Internet percolated with allegations that President Barack Obama’s national security advisor and soon to be confirmed CIA director may have converted to a radical form of Islam while working and living in Saudi Arabia.
- Source: Jim Kouri - Albany Tribune
Hagel faces barrage of criticism during tense confirmation hearing
Jan. 31, 2013 - Republican Senators posed stiff questions to Defense secretary nominee Chuck Hagel during confirmationhearings. They asked about his past positions on Israel, Iran, and Iraq.
Cruz played two tapes from appearances on Al Jazeera. In one, a caller accused Israel of war crimes and Hagel did not challenge him.In another clip he appeared to agree that America is "the world's bully."
- He had several sparring partners throughout the day, but was questioned perhaps most aggressively byfellow Vietnam War veteran Sen. John McCain and freshman Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, both Republicans.
- Source: Fox
- Feb. 19, 2013 - Report: Hagel Said Israel Headed Toward Apartheid, Netanyahu a ‘Radical’ - Free Beacon
Court: Obama Appointments Are Unconstitutional
Jan 25, 2013 - The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled that President Barack Obama violated the Constitutionby making appointments to the National Labor Relations Board while the Senate was in recess.
- The unanimous decision is an embarrassing setback for the president, who made the appointments after Senate Republicans spent monthsblocking his choices for an agency they contended was biased in favor of unions.
- Source: NewsMax
Obama nominates Hagel as secretary of defense
Jan. 8, 2013 - President Obama has nominated Chuck Hagel, the Republican former Nebraska senator, to serve asSecretary Defense. There is growing criticism about Hagel's positions on Israel and Iran. In a recent statement he saidhis record has been distorted, and he has shown “unequivocal, total support for Israel” and an endorsement of tough international economicsanctions against Iran.
Critics point to Hagel's reference to supporters of Israel as an intimidating "Jewish lobby" on Capitol Hill. He also opposed Iransanctions and was unwilling to sign letters that called on the EU to designate Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) said it is doubtful that Hagel can be trusted to "manage the special relationshipthe United States shares with our greatest Middle East ally.” He said,
- “Hagel’s nomination telegraphs weakness in the Middle East and defeatism in Afghanistan, where our Afghan partners will surely beconcerned, and our Taliban and Iranian adversaries will surely be emboldened.”
- Source: Jerusalem Post
- More information about Hagel: ChuckHagel.com
- President appoints Hagel to be SecDef — here’s why it’s a terrible choice that will send wrong message to Iran - Joel Rosenberg's Blog
- Chuck Hagel: Friend or foe? - Israel Hayom
- The wrong man to be defense secretary - Senator Jim Inhofe - Washington Post
See articles from the President's first term
Other Questions People are Asking:
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.