Signs In The Heavens
Jesus said that in the end times there will be unusual activity in the skies. It will begin before the Tribulation Period even starts, and
will get progressively worse during the course of those seven years, leading up to the return of Jesus as King of Kings.
- Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes,
famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." (Luke 21:10-11)
“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and
tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will
be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin
to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:25-28)
In the Book of Revelation the opening of the Sixth Seal will cause the sun to turn black, the moon to be blood-red, and stars
to fall to earth. The Greek word for "star" is aster, so this means that asteroids will strike the planet (Revelation 6:12-13).
At the sounding of the Fourth Trumpet, a third of the sky will be blacked out (Revelation 8:12).
Also, when the Fourth Bowl of Wrath is poured out it will cause the sun to send an intense blast of heat (Revelation 16:8-9).
Click on one of these
references to see
Thanks to the services of:
Take a moment to see The Astronomy Picture of The Day
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him...? Psalm 8:3-4 (NIV)
NASA's Eclipse Website
Hubble telescope's top ten greatest space photographs
World Wide Telescope - Microsoft Research
Dark, massive asteroid to fly by Earth on May 31
May 18, 2013 - On May 31 Asteroid 1998 QE2 will make its closest pass to Earth. It has a sooty substance on its surface, which could
mean it flew too close to the sun. It is 1.7 miles long - big enough to cause global extinction if it collided with the Earth. It will still be
3.6 million miles from our planet this time, but may be closer when it returns in 2119.
- Source: LA Times
Photo: Hubble Gets First Glimpse of Possible ‘Comet of the Century’
Apr. 23, 2013 -
It is thought by astronomers that by late November ISON may briefly appear as bright as the Moon.
- Hubble has taken its first close-up views of the much anticipated and potential ‘comet of the century’. On the night of April 10th, the space
telescope snapped an image in visible light of Comet ISON while it was still at a whopping distance of 394 million miles from Earth.
- Source:National Geographic
Viewing Comet PanSTAARS- March and April
Mar. 12, 2013 - Watch video to see when and where to see the newly discovered Comet PanSTAARS. Tonight,
Mar. 12th it can be seen with the naked eye or binoculars in the Western sky about 30 minutes after Sunset, just left of a thin
- Source: Fox
Comet Pan-STARRS Near the Moon Tonight: How to See It - Space
Russian region begins recovery from meteor damage
Feb. 16, 2013 - The schock wave from a meteor that exploded yesterday over Russia's Chelyabinsk region blew out the equivalent of
50 acres of windows in more than 4,000 buildings in the region. It also injured some 1,200 people, fifteen of which are still hospitalized
- Regional governor Mikhail Yurevich on Saturday said damage from the high-altitude explosion — estimated to have the force of 20 atomic
bombs — is estimated at 1 billion rubles ($33 million).
- Source: USA Today
- Meteor may be bigger than early reportsMeteorite fragments found in Russia's Urals region - BBC
Fireballs Reported in Skies above Cuba and California - Telegraph- UK
- Russian meteor was largest in a century - Fox
- More Than 24,000 Clean Up Meteor Mess in Russian Urals Region - Fox
Meteorites slam into Russia as meteor seen streaking through morning sky
Feb. 15, 2013 - More than 500 people were hurt, mostly by broken glass, when an unexpected meteor streaked across the
sky above Russia's Ural Mountains this morning. Shock waves from the meteor caused the damage, and fragments of the meteor fell in a
thinly populated area of the Chelyabinsk region.
- Source: CBS
Terror from Above: Hundreds Hurt as 11-ton Meteorite Hits Russian City - Fox
About 1,100 injured as meteorite hits Russia with force of atomic bomb - Fox
- House to Hold Hearing on Asteroid Threat - NewsMax
Asteroid comes closest to earth at 2:25 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Feb. 15, 2013 -
- The best way for most of us to watch asteroid 2012 DA14 come within 17,200 miles of Earth on Friday, and then recede harmlessly
into the cosmos, is to fire up your Web browser and watch the show online.
- Source: NBC
- NASA Live - Follows Asteroid Flyby
Free desktop streaming application by Ustream
Asteroid 2012 DA14: 5 Surprising Facts About Friday's Earth Flyby
Feb. 14, 2014 - This huge rock will pass very close to earth Friday but will not collide with it. Read five reasons
it is a history-making event.
- Source: Fox
See earlier articles: Before January 1, 2013
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.
Check out Today's News
- Astronomy Picture of The Day
- NASA's Eclipse Website
- Hubble telescope's top ten greatest space photographs
- World Wide Telescope - Microsoft Research
- The Gospel In The Stars - Prophecy Central
- My stars! Is 2nd Coming of Jesus etched in night sky? - in our "Rapture" section.
- The Gospel in the Stars - by J.R. Church
Part 1 -
Part 2 - Part 3
Last Updated: 5/18/13
Copyright © 1996-2013 by Ron Graff. All rights reserved.