Older articles: Before Jan. 1, 2013
Court affirms parental rights, after 18 years!
July 12, 2013 - A law enacted in Illinois 18 years ago was finally verified as constitutional by the state supreme court in a
The state’s Parental Notice of Abortion Act was adopted in 1995, but never enforced until now. It requires a parent or guardian to be
notified at least 48 hours before a child under the age of 18 undergoes an abortion.
Tom Brejcha, president of the Thomas More Society, called it a huge victory for the rights of parents.
- Source: WND
Obama Plan B Decision: Feds To Comply With NY Judge's Ruling
Jun. 10, 2013 - The federal government has decided to comply with a judges' order to allow girls of any age to
buy emergency contraception without prescriptions.
- The decision ends a years-long fight between President Barack Obama's administration, which had argued that age limits for the morning-after
pill are common sense, and women's rights groups, which insisted the drug should be made as freely available as aspirin.
- Source: Huffington Post
The Morning-After Pill: Coming to a Vending Machine Near You? - Religion Today
Justice Ginsburg: Roe v. Wade Too Sweeping
May 13, 2013 - Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in favor of abortions, but she told an audience at
the University of Chicago Law School that the court's decision on the Roe v. Wade case was "too sweeping," and that it actually hurt the
cause of abortion by stimulating a backlash of feelings against the practice.
- Ever since, she said, the momentum has been on the other side, with anger over Roe fueling a state-by-state campaign that has
placed more restrictions on abortion.
- Source: NewsMax
FDA to Let 15 Year-Old Girls Buy Morning-After Pill Over the Counter
May 1, 2013 - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has decided to permit girls 15 years-old to purchase a contraceptive that can
be used after sexual activity.
- The pill known as "Plan B" has long been at the center of political and religious battles. The FDA initially approved sale of the drug to
all reproductive age females, but was ordered to bar girls under 17 by U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
- Source: NewsMax
Prosecutor to abortionist: Are you human?
Apr. 30, 2013
Cameron told the jury that his dog was treated with dignity when he had to put him to sleep, but Gosnell's victims were killed harshly and their
remains were put into lime-aid jars. He told the jurors that the case wasn't even an abortion issue. The victims were already born alive when he
decided to kill them.
- In an emotional moment in closing arguments by Prosecutor Ed Cameron in the abortion murder case against practitioner Kermit Gosnell,
he suggested the jury must decide if the longtime abortionist even was “human.”
- Source: WND
- Babies drowned alive in toxic liquid - WND
- Update 5/14/13 -
Gosnell Found Guilty of Three Murders Outside Womb - Religion Today
Federal judge rules morning-after pill must be available for women of all ages
Apr. 5, 2013 - U.S. District Judge Edward Korman ordered the FDA to make the Plan B morning-after pill, commonly referred to as the
abortion pill, available for all ages.
- Source: Fox
China: 336 Million Abortions in Barely Four Decades
Mar. 20, 2013 - Since China instituted limits on population growth in 1971 336 million unborn children have been aborted there.
- The staggering number of abortions should prompt mourning for the victims, but it should not be shocking, said pro-life observers of China's
policy, because the Communist government has enforced a coercive "one-child" policy for more than 30 years.
- Source: Religion Today
Obama Admin. 'Most Hostile' to Religious Freedom in US History, Says Expert
Feb. 21, 2013 - The stance that President Obama and his staff have taken on the controversial HHS "preventive services" Mandate, and
other issues has made them "the most hostile" administration to religious freedom in American history," according to Ken Klukowski, director of
the Center for Religious Liberty at the Family Research Council.
- Source: Christian Post
Americans defend life by hundreds of thousands
Jan. 26, 2013 - Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion through the Roe v. Wade decision hundreds of thousands
of pro-life activists joined the March for Life in Washington DC. They still hope to overturn the decision and spread the message that all human life
is to be cherished and defended. At the Supreme Court, where the march ended, some 70 women gave testimonies that they regretted having abortions.
- Source: WND
What TV news won't tell you about March for Life - WND
Roe v. Wade at 40: Six questions about the state of abortion rights today
Jan. 22, 2013 - On the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision it is noteworthy that in many parts of the country it is
far harder for a woman to obtain an abortion today than it was in 1973. Here are some observations from this article:
- - Government regulations vary greatly, making it hard to get abortions in some places and easy in others.
- - Americans United for Life says the Top 10 antiabortion states are Louisiana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania,
Arkansas, Arizona, Nebraska, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, and Virginia.
- - If Roe v. Wade were reversed tomorrow 24 states would have legislation against abortion, but California,
Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, and Washington have laws on the books protecting women’s right to an abortion.
- - The number of abortion providers has been decreasing since 1982.
- Source: CS Monitor
Poll Shock: Abortion Support at All-time High - NewsMax
40 Years After Roe, Human Dignity Hangs in the Balance
Jan. 19, 2013 - Most debates "settled" by Supreme Court decisions are eventually accepted by the general public. Not so with the
1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion. Albert Mohler, President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary gives five reasons why
the pro-life movement has not dissipated and retreated 40 years later. Here are short versions of his five points:
- 1 - The radical character of Roe v. Wade galvanized pro-life forces.
- 2 - The decision brought millions of evangelicals into what had been mostly a Catholic fight.
- 3 - The high percentages of abortions keeps the debate alive: eg. 40 percent of all pregnancies in New York end in abortion.
- 4 - Abortion has become a deadly threat to human dignity.
- 5 - Powerful imaging technologies now allow people to see their unborn children and witness the miracle of life.
- Source: Albert Mohler - Religion Today
55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe vs. Wade in 1973 - Life News
Planned Parenthood Received $1,622 in Gov't Funds for Each Abortion
Jan. 8, 2013 -Planned Parenthood received $542 million from government sources in 2011-2012 while
performing 995,687 abortions from 2009-2011.
- When broken down on an approximate annual basis, that means Planned Parenthood receives around $1,622 in government funds per abortion.
From a time perspective, it translates to one abortion every 94 seconds.
- Source: Christian Post
Hobby Lobby: The First Martyr Under Obamacare?
Jan. 8, 2013 - It is interesting that December 26 is the day that Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor refused judicial relief
to the Hobby Lobby craft store chain regarding their objection to the Affordable Care Act because it requires them to provide
birth control methods that may result in abortion. December 26 happens to be Stephen's Day, the day that honors Christendom's first martyr.
A statement from Hobby Lobby says, "The company will continue to provide health insurance to all qualified employees. To remain true to their
faith, it is not their intention, as a company, to pay for abortion-inducing drugs." Contraception is not the the issue, but some of the
government-approved methods will stop the growth of a fertilized egg.
As a result the government could fine Hobby Lobby $1.3 million per day! That would be the "death knell" for the company.
- Apparently, that death would be more desirable to the company's owners than potentially funding the deaths of developing human beings.
- Source: Karen Swallow Prior - Christianity Today
- American Family Association
- Christian Coalition
- Focus On The Family: CitizenLink
- Stop Planned Parenthood (STOPP)
- The Thomas More Society
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.