Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a
subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this
Please also notice that translated words may be spelled in different ways by different sources (eg.
Muhammad/ Mohammed; Qu'ran/ Quran/ Koran).
See more recent articles: After January 1, 2013
Older articles: Before Jan. 1, 2012
Islamic scholars: Gunmen, who shot Malala in the face, will have hell to pay for their sin
Oct. 14, 2012 - In Islam, the basis for being sent to hell is disbelief in the Qu'ran.
A group of Islamic scholars have said that The Taliban gunmen, who shot 14 year old Malala Yousafzai in the face, have commited a violation
against the Quran itself and will have hell to pay for their sin.
There is a reward being offered of $100,000 for the capture of Malala's "attackers."
- "As for those who disbelieve and reject our revelations, they will be dwellers of Hell, wherein they abide forever", Quran 2: 39.
- Source: Examiner - UK
Malala Yousufzai: Pakistani Girl, Nearly Killed by Taliban, Rushed to UK for Treatment - ABC
Prophetic Significance of Islam
Ex-Muslim: Islam 'scares the ** out of me'
Oct. 2, 2012 - Nonie Darwish, founder of Arabs for Israel, tells her story of being raised in the fervent anti-Israeli hatred in
When she came to the United States she learned the truth about Christians and Jews. She wants to see Arabs and Jews live in peace with each other.
- “It is the total annihilation of Israel and the Jews,” she said. “This is what the center of the educational system in the whole Arab
world is. We were taught Jerusalem is a Muslim city; Jews had nothing to do with it, and we have to liberate it."
Darwish is especially alarmed that the same untrue rhetoric that shaped her early thinking is now taking root in the United States.
- Source: WND
- Arabs for Israel
1700 B.C.: 'Alla' god of 'Violence and Revolution'
Sept. 17, 2012 -
Ted Shoebat (Walid's son) says that previously the oldest known reference to “Allah” was in northern and southern Arabia about
the fifth century B.C. (according to Kenneth J. Thomas). However, he documents that a new discovers links the name to the Epic of Atrahasis,
found on stone tablets which were discovered in Babylon. the artifact is dated from about 1700 B.C.
- A research article posted on the website of terrorist-turned-Christian Walid Shoebat contends the oldest known references to the
Islamic deity Allah are not in Arabian records but in Babylonian artifacts.
- Source: WND
Anti-American Protests Over Film Expand to Nearly 20 Countries
Sept. 14, 2012 - Violent anti-American protests,
which began in Libya on 9/11, and spread to Egypt the next day, have now
affected nearly 20 countries. The really-point for the angry demonstrators is a video that denigrates the Prophet Muhammad. Some protests are
now also being leveled against German and British embassies.
- Source: NY Times
Google Map of Muslim Protests
- Anti-Islam film protests escalate - BBC
- Today's coverage of protests on Prophecy Central's Terrorism section
Evangelicals Should Avoid 'Muslim-Baiting,' Says Professor - Christian Post
- Video with clips from President Obama condemning anti-Islam film - BBC
Mosque construction in the U.S. up 74 percent in past decade
Sept. 8, 2012 -
- The number of mosques in the United States has grown by 74 percent in the past 11 years, up from 1,209 in 2001 to a substantial
2,106 in 2011. The statistics was compiled and released by Faith Communities Today.
- Source: Catholic Online
Israel Today Magazine: An Interesting Source of News about Israel, Christianity and Islam
Here are some examples of their news articles:
- Muslims, Christians clash over Garden Tomb
- From Islam to Christianity...
Archeology again appears to back up biblical account
Obama's New Islamic World Order
July 25, 2012 - From the beginning of his presidency Barack Obama has encouraged and assisted the transformation of the Islamic
world. He visited Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
Even before that time, Jebali had been telling his people, "We are the Sixth Caliphate." He said that the liberation of Jerusalem would
begin from Tunisia.
- When the Islamist Al-Nahda Party took power in Tunisia, replacing a formerly moderate and pro-American government, Obama phoned to
congratulate Hamadi Jebali and expressed his support for Tunisia's "inclusive transition."
In Syria, Obama is backing the Muslim Brotherhood. This will mean the fall of the last major non-Islamist regional power.
- Source: Daniel Greenfield - Assyrian International News Agency
Egyptian Christian Blogger: Living in the Charged Atmosphere of Ramadan
July 24, 2012 - A Christian blogger in Cairo describes the devotion and sacrifice of Muslims during their 40 days of fasting. They
do not eat or drink anything from sunrise to sunset. this is especially difficult in the heat of Cairo and most of the Middle East. In the
evenings they feast each day, consuming more rich food and water than normal. Their spiritual activities are more intense during this time
as well. The blogger wrote:
He asked Christians to pray for Muslims world-wide during this time.
- My heart is really broken for the millions of Muslims here in Egypt and around the world, who are seeking peace with God this month,
trying so hard to do good works in an effort to somehow earn His favor and forgiveness.
- Source: Religion Today
Moscow trying to cope with Islam
July 23, 2012 - Russian President Vladimir Putin is making concessions to Chechnya and other Islamic republics under Russia's control.
Chechnya has been the scene of two uprisings against Russia in the past in an effort to establish an independent Islamic state.
Russia is trying to improve its image in the Muslim world by being more tolerant of Islamization in the region. As a start, they are going
to allow public broadcasting on television and on the Internet of Islamic teaching and prayer.
- Separately, Salafists, who are the more radical form of Sunnis backed by Saudi Arabia, have sought to establish a Caucasus Emirate and
separate the republics which are predominantly Islamic from the main part of the country of Russia.
Russian republics that are predominantly Islamic include Chechneya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Karachevo-Cherkessia and North Ossetia.
At present Muslims comprise some 14 percent of the entire Russian population, but they could become a majority in Russia by 2050.
- Source: F. Michael Maloof - WND
Muslims in Turkey Demand Historic Cathedral Be Turned Into Mosque
June 8, 2012 -
Istanbul's Hagia Sophia, which was built in 537 by Emperor Justinian, was the world's most renowned
Christian church and the center of Orthodox Chrisianity for more than 900 years [when the city was called Constantinople]. After
conquest by the Ottomans it became a mosque in the mid-15th century. In 1934, following WWI, it was turned into a museum and a law
was passed that makes it illegal for any religious group to hold services on its grounds.
- Thousands of Muslims in Turkey, preparing to celebrate the Ottoman conquest of the country 500 years ago, are demanding that authorities
allow them to convert the Hagia Sophia museum into a mosque.
- Source: Christian Post
Jerusalem to become Egypt’s capital under Mursi’s rule, says Muslim cleric
June 7, 2012 - Prominent Muslim cleric Safwat Hagazy told a crowd in Egypt that if Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Mursi became
president he will bring about a United States of the Arabs, and "The capital of the [Muslim] Caliphate will be Jerusalem with God’s will,”
- “Our capital shall not be Cairo, Mecca or Medina. It shall be Jerusalem with God’s will. Our chants shall be: ‘millions of martyrs will march
- Source: Al Arabiya
Saudis lead charge to offset Iran's influence
May 28, 2012 - Iran seeks to extend its influence among the Arab GCC countries, which are Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia
and the United Arab Emirates. The Saudi government is proposing that those same countries form a political and economic union to strengthen Saudi
influence in the area.
It was thought that recent GCC meeting might begin the process toward such a union, but no union was announced after their gathering.
- The union concept is to be patterned after the European Union in which the GCC will seek “common approaches to defense, security,
political and economic long-term interests,” according to a GCC communique.
The majority of the citizens of most GCC countries subscribe to the Sunni branch of Islam, but in Bahrain, the majority of the population is
Shi’ite. However their monarchy is Sunni and it has resorted to violence against the demonstrators in their country.
- Source: Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin - WND
MSNBC: Don't expose Muslim atrocities
May 23, 2012 - A recent episode of the new “Melissa Harris-Perry” show illustrates the apparent policy of MSNBC that even if
Muslims see wife-beating, genital mutilation and childhood sexual abuse, they should just keep it to themselves, because saying
something gives ammunition to the “Islamophobes.” When Mona Eltahawy was interviewed about her Foreign Policy magazine cover story about
abuse of women by men in the Muslim world.
- The MSNBC host brought in Harvard professor Leila Ahmed, who questioned whether Eltahawy should have written the article at
all. Not because it was false, but because it made Muslims look bad.
- Source: WND
The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam
May 5, 2012 - A census compiled by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies reveals that...
During the same time Mormons grew 45.5%, while Evangelicals grew an anemic 1.7% and mainline Protestants declined 12.8%
- From the year 2000 to the year 2010, the census found that the number of Muslims living inside the United States increased from
1 million to 2.6 million - a stunning increase of 66.7 percent.
- Source: Worldview Weekend
Glimmers of Christ's Light in Darkness of Saudi Arabia
April 27, 2012 - Carl Moeller tells the story of a young Saudi Arabian who accepted Christ while in a Western university. When he
returned to his country, he shared his belief with loved ones, but was thrown into jail for his actions.
His cellmate in jail said to him, "You're the man I'm supposed to talk to."
He told the cellmate, "I don't think so. I've been just thrown in jail for my belief in Jesus."
The man pleaded with him, saying, "In my dreams a man was shown to me. It was your face. You have something to tell me.
So the Christian man shared the Gospel with his cellmate!
- Source: Crosswalk
Amnesty International finds anti-Muslim bias in Europe
April 24, 2012 - Amnesty International criticizes European laws that ban the use of Muslim women's veils. It says that Muslims also
are excluded from jobs and education in many situations.
- "Muslim women are being denied jobs and girls prevented from attending regular classes just because they wear traditional forms
of dress, such as the headscarf. Men can be dismissed for wearing beards associated with Islam," the group's discrimination specialist
Marco Perolini said.
- Source: BBC
The Problem 'Son': Debate Continues Over Translating 'Son of God' for Muslims
Apr. 3, 2012 -
- Wycliffe USA, faced with the possibility of losing support from the 3-million-member Assemblies of God, pulled one controversial
Bible translation from circulation in February and halted publication of several others.
- Source: Christianity Today
Missions Leader on Thousands of New Church Plants in Muslim Areas
Mar. 27, 2012 - Jerry Trousdale director of International Ministries for CityTeam International, reports that a new disciple-
making strategy has enabled them to take the Gospel to 45 different "unreached" Muslim-majority groups in Africa in just a few years.
Trousdale is the author of the new book Miraculous Movements.
- Over 6,000 new churches were planted among Muslims in 18 different countries in Africa over the last seven years. And hundreds of former
sheikhs and imams have become followers of Jesus Christ over that period.
- Source: Christian Post
Entire Mosques Coming to Christ in North Africa, Says Former Church Planter - Christian Post
Tens of Thousands of Muslims Coming to Christ, Says Iranian Ministry Leader - Christian Post
Top Saudi Religious Official Calls for 'Destruction of All Churches'
Mar. 16, 2012 -
- Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia...
reportedly declared this week that it is "necessary to destroy all the churches" in the region, implying that no other religion
besides Islam will be tolerated on the Arabian Peninsula.
- Source: Christian Post
- Syrian Christians fear for survival of faith - Jewish World Review
- Nigeria attacks: 'Boko Haram bombed my church' - BBC
'Iran must attack Israel by 2014'
Feb. 9, 2012 - A document that represents the bellief of Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is now circulating on the Internet.
The document calls Israel "cancerous tumor for the Middle East." It says that even though Israel has not yet struck Iran, its occupation
of Palestinian lands already justifies an attack. It called for the destruction of Israel before the opportunity to do so will be lost, and
claimed that it would be a "defensive jihad" - or the protecting of Islam against aggressors "who want to gain domination over the Muslims
and kill them."
- The document, written by strategy specialist Alireza Forghani, outlined the reasons why, "In the name of Allah, Iran must
attack Israel by 2014."
- Source: Jerusalem Post
Ayaan Hirsi Ali:The Global War on Christians in the Muslim World
Feb. 8, ,2012 - Persecution is increasing steadily from one end of the Muslim world to the other.
- Christians are being killed in the Islamic world because of their religion. It is a rising genocide that ought to
provoke global alarm.
- Nigeria - Since the beginning of 2011 Boko Haram has killed more than 500 people and burned down or destroyed more than 350 churches.
- Sudan - Intense persecution of Christians and Animists has caused between 53,000 and 75,000 to be displaced from their residences.
- Egypt - Since the Arab Spring more than 200,000 Coptic Christians have fled from their homes because of fear of attacks.
- Iraq - More than 900 Iraqi Christians (most of them Assyrians) have been killed by terrorist violence in Baghdad alone, and 70 churches have been burned.
- Source: - Ayann Hirsi Ali - Newsweek
New Bible yanks 'Father,' Jesus as 'Son of God'
Jan. 30, 2012 - New "Muslim-friendly" Bibles are being produced by a variety of missionary organizations. They try to
avoid the major differences between Christianity and Islam. They change references to God as “Father,” to Jesus as the “Son” or “the
Son of God.” An Arabic version of the Gospel of Matthew produced and promoted by Frontiers and SIL changes Matthew 28:19
- “baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”
One opponent of the idea is the leader a church in Bangladesh. He says thie gives fuel to the often-heard Muslim claim that Christians
are liars who change their Bibles to deceive Muslims.
- “cleanse them by water in the name of Allah, his Messiah and his Holy Spirit.”
Thousands of Christians have signed a petition to encourage Bible translators to stop this practice.
- Source: Joel Richardson - WND
Petition to keep ""Father" & "Son" in the Bible
US, Western Nations 'Enabling' Islamism, Ex-Muslim Says
Jan. 27, 2012 - According to Dr. Patrick Sookhdeo, international director of the Barnabas Fund, the United States and other
nations have helped to spread Islamism in countries like Libya and Egypt. About Libya he said, western powers supported the NTC, "a coalition
of groups that included al-Qaida."
Dr. Sookhedo, who is an ex Muslim, distinguishes between Islam and Islamism. Islam, as a religion, has every right to exist in western nations,
but Islamism, as a political movement, should be resisted.
- "We have removed one dictator and replaced that dictator with a political ideology rooted in a religion that wants our destruction."
- Source: Christian Post
Gingrich is right on Sharia
Jan. 19, 2012 - When asked if he would support a Muslim for president, Newt Gingrich said it would depend on the candidate's beliefs about
He added that a candidate who believes in Shariah would be a “mortal threat.” He repeated his earlier call for federal legislation against
practicing Shariah in U.S. courts.
- Speaker Gingrich responding by saying it depends on whether the candidate was “a modern person who happens to worship Allah.” Or “a person
who belonged to any kind of belief in Shariah, any kind of effort to impose that on the rest of us.”
- Source: NewsMax
Criminalizing Religious Criticism: UN Resolution Threatens Freedom of Speech
Jan. 14, 2012 - A UN resolution (Resolution 16/18) would seem like a good thing - “Combating intolerance, negative stereotyping,
and stigmatization of, and discrimination, incitement to violence and violence against, persons based upon
religion or belief.” But according to Jay Sekulow of the American Center for Law and Justice this could be devastating to minority
religions in some Islamic countries.
- "Just the building of churches ... having a cross outside your door can be inciting violence,"
- Source: Crosswalk
2012: The Year of Persecution?
Jan. 7, 2012 - Even before the 9/11 attacks, Harvard professor Samuel P. Huntington wrote the book, The Clash of Civilizations
and the Remaking of World Order.
He said there would be a "clash of civilizations" between three great cultures (the Western, Asian,and Islamic). He predicted a
massive conflict between the West and Islam caused by Islamic militarism.
Since then the Christian population has held steady, but is shrinking in Europe while it is growing in Africa and other developing areas.
Wherever it is seen as a threat to Islam, persecution is growing.
While Christian persecution is physical in such places, it is rearing its head hear as well. The late Christopher Hitchens exemplified hateful
anti-Christian rhetoric by athiests, and some politicians and media outlets are turning against traditional Christian values.
- In Iran and Pakistan, Christians are being put on death row for “apostasy” (translation: quitting Islam) or blasphemy... Two-thirds of Iraq’s
pre-war Christians have fled. In Egypt and Syria, Muslim zeal threatens ancient Christian groups.
- Source: James Emery White - Crosswalk
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.