Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a
subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
Please also notice that translated words may be spelled in different ways by different sources (eg. Muhammad/ Mohammed).
More recent articles: After Dec. 31, 2011
Egypt’s Islamist Blocs Claim 70% Vote Share
Dec. 2, 2011 - Vote-counting in Egypt's election has been slower than expected but final results are
- The Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party said it won at least 40 percent in the first round of the
elections... The more conservative Salafi Al-Nour Party said it got at least 30 percent.
- Source: Bloomberg
- Update: Dec. 7, 2011 -
Muslim Brotherhood’s Tactics of Deception - Tawfik Hamid - Newsmax
Egypt: Partial results show Muslim Brotherhood leading so far in landmark vote
Nov. 30, 2011 - Early results from Egypt's elections showed the Muslim Brotherhood's candidates were leading the race.
- The trend from results so far mirrored expectations that the Brotherhood, Egypt’s most powerful fundamentalist group,
would make the strongest showing in the first parliament elections since the fall of Hosni Mubarak.
- Source: Washington Post
Will There Be a Place for Christians in Muslim-Majority 'Arab Spring' Countries? - Crosswalk
In a Surprise, Calm Prevails in Egypt’s Elections
Nov. 28, 2011 -
- Unexpectedly large crowds of Egyptians defied predictions of bedlam and violence to cast their votes
on Monday in the first parliamentary elections since the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak.
- Source: N.Y. Times
24 Killed as Egypt Church Protests Turn Violent
Oct. 10, 2011 - In Cairo, Coptic Christians protested the recent burning of a church. When the group marched
to Egypt's Radio and Television Building, plainclothes police attacked them. Then the protests spread to Tahrir Square,
the focal point of the February revolution. An armored security van sped into the crowd, crushing some protesters to
At least 24 people have ben killed and more than 200 injured. Dozens of people have been arrested.
- Protesters used firebombs, set army vehicles on fire and battled with security forces in Egypt's most violent
clashes since the February uprising that ousted Hosni Mubarak as Egypt's president.
In recent weeks Muslim crowds have rioted at two churches in southern Egypt. Officials at one of these churches
agreed to a demand that a cross and bells be removed from the church building.
- Source: Voice of America
Egypt’s Coptic church says repeated attacks on Christians go unpunished - Washington Post
Egypt clashes: Military calls for swift unrest probe - BBC
Egypt’s church declares a 3-day fast and prayers to mourn victims of clashes - Washington Post
- 93,000 Christians have left Egypt since Hosni Mubarak was ousted in February. - Egyptian Gazette - Oct. 6
Egypt on Alert After Clashes Between Christians, Military - NewsMax
- Egypt minister Hazem el-Beblawi quits over Coptic rally
- From May 13, 2011 -
The Muslim Brotherhood's Salafi pact puts Egyptian Christians in great danger - Telegraph - UK
- Editor's Note: Some of the media reports mention that Islamic Salafists are the extremists behind
this riot. They apparently started the violence but the Christians became the military's target. Meanwhile, the media
scarcely mentions the influence of the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, but that radical group is now doing their dirty work through
the Salafists. Remember that our own administration tried to tell us that the Musllim Brotherhood wasn't so bad, and
that they were a tiny minority during the Egyptian "Arab Spring" protests. Experts in Egyptian affairs now say
that Muslim Brotherhood candidates would win if Egyptian elections were held today.
Who is the Muslim Brotherhood?
- July 2, 2011
There is much more information in this article.
- The Brotherhood`s goal is to turn the world into an Islamist empire. The Muslim Brotherhood, founded in
Egypt in 1928, is a revolutionary fundamentalist movement to restore the caliphate and strict Shariah
(Islamist) law in Muslim lands and, ultimately, the world.
- Source: Israel National News
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood legalized as party
- Jun. 8, 2011 - In Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood has been recognized as the Freedom and Justice Party.
- The Brotherhood is considered one of Egypt's best organized blocs following the fall of longtime President Hosni
Mubarak in February. It was founded in 1928 but outlawed since 1954
- Source: Yahoo (Story no longer online)
The Muslim Brotherhood's Salafi pact puts Egyptian Christians in great danger
May 13, 2011 - Michael Weiss, a foreign policy expert warns that a new coalition between the Muslim
Brotherhood and several Salafi groups, including Jama’a al-Islamiyya, will give the Brotherhood greater political
clout, and will lead to persecution of the Coptic Christians in Egypt.
Jama’a al-Islamiyya is the sect that played a role in the assassination of President Anwar Sadat in 1981. It was
cited by Ayman al-Zawhiri in 2006 as an affiliate member of al-Qaeda.
This political alliance will undoubtedly lead to persecution of the Coptics in the days ahead. Some of their
churches have already been burned down.
- ...its spiritual leader Omar Abdel-Rahman (a.k.a. the "Blind Sheikh") [was] sentenced for life in the
United States for his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- Source: Telegraph
Will Muslim Brotherhood succeed where Osama bin Laden failed?
May 11, 2011 - Bestselling author Ayaan Hirsi Ali shows that the Muslim Brotherhood learned the hard way
that violence will be met with superior violence by state governments. They changed their tactics to develop a
bottom-up movement rather than a commando structure, and are now poised to take control of the Egyptian government.
He compares this strategy to that of Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran.
He explains that if the Muslim Brotherhood succeeds in ruling Egypt, it will depend in part on the willingness of
America and her allies to underestimate their ambitions and political skills.
- All that Khomeini did before he came to power in Iran was to preach the merits of a society based on Islamic
law. He did not engage in terrorism. Yet he and his followers took over Iran.
- Source: Jewish World Review
Energized Muslim Brotherhood in Libya eyes a prize
Mar. 25, 2011 -
- The Brotherhood in Libya is energized by the sudden upheaval sweeping the Arab world
- Source: CNN
Know Thine Enemy: The Muslim Brotherhood's secret plan to 'destroy Western Civilization from within'
Mar. 26, 2011 - The current edition of WorldNetDaily's monthly magazine has various articles exposing the
origins and aspirations of the Muslim Brotherhood. Consider their motto:
- "Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the
way of Allah is our highest hope."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Al-Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood Poised To Take Over in Libya
Mar. 23, 2011 - The top Islamic cleric in Britian, Anjem Choudary, claims that Western powers want to set
up a puppet government in Libya, but al-Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood are standing by there to fill the vacuum.
- Al-Qaida has their own agents and their own people in the region who are propagating their own Islamic ideas and
their agenda. At the right time they will make the move, and we will see the emergence of Islam and Shariah in that
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Franklin Graham: World’s Christians in Grave Danger
Mar. 18, 2011 - The Muslim Brotherhood is fomenting much of the rebellion and the deteriorating social order
in the Middle East, and here in our country, the Obama administration has enabled their cause. Franklin Graham,
son of beloved evangelist Dr. Billy Graham, and founder of The Samaritan’s Purse international charity, complains,
Graham predicts that persecution of Christians in the Middle East will increase dramatically as the Muslim
Brotherhood continues to gain strength in countries llike Egypt, Tunisia, and Lebanon.
- “The Muslim Brotherhood is very strong and active here in our country... We have these people
advising our military and State Department. We’ve brought in Muslims to tell us how to make policy toward Muslim
- Source: NewsMax
The Muslim Brotherhood
Feb. 19, 2011 -
We all rejoice at the demise of a dictatorship. But important questions need to be answered: “Who will fill the
leadership vacuum?” And, “How will the new leadership of Egypt relate to the United States and Israel?”
Apparently, the only organized leadership in Egypt at present is the Muslim Brotherhood. The liberal media and
some in our government tell us not to worry about a take-over of Egypt by Islamic Radicals like what happened in
Iran in 1979. They say the Muslim Brotherhood only represents about 20% of the people of Egypt, and that their goals are peaceable.
On the contrary, their history and stated objectives tell us that they are dangerous. It was formed in 1928,
four years after the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire, and its sole purpose was the resurrection of the Caliphate.
Their goal is to restore Islam and Sharia Law in its fullness.
Their graduates include Al Qaeda’s number two leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri who was imprisoned for three years on
weapons charges following President Anwar Sadat’s assassination in 1981. They also produced Hamas, the terror network
behind suicide bombings and rocket attacks in Israel.
In the midst of the Egyptian protests, Muhammad Ghannem, a leading member of the Brotherhood, said that he would
like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel.
it is likely that the majority of Egyptians will follow The Brotherhood into a new and more disturbing kind of
- Source: Ron's Blog
- FBI: Muslim Brotherhood deeply rooted inside U.S.
Terror-support group controls most Islamic groups, mosques in America - WorldNetDaily
'Peace treaty with Israel is up to the Egyptian people'
Feb. 19, 2011 - Essam al-Erian, a spokesman for The Muslim Brotherhood, said Friday that the decision of
whether or not to keep the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel will be up to the will of the Egyptian people.
- The top U.S. intelligence official said this week the Brotherhood probably did not favor the Camp David treaty
the 1979 accord that made Egypt the first Arab state to make peace with Israel and restored the Sinai to Egyptian
What? Look at headline from Feb. 3, 2011 -
Muslim Brotherhood wants end to Egypt-Israeli peace deal - RIA Novosti
Egypt Gets Its Khomeini
Feb. 18, 2011 - On this first Friday after Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak stepped down, hundreds of thousands
of Egyptians congregate to celebrate the event. Their Friday prayers speaker of the day is Yusuf al-Qaradawi,
the best-known Muslim Brotherhood cleric in the world and one of the most famous Islamist thinkers. He was banned
from Egypt during Mubarak's reign. For him to be invited to speak at this point is an implication that he is the
spiritual father of their revolution.
The writer, Bary Rubin, who literally wrote the book, The Muslim Brotherhood, says that Qaradawi is the most
dangerous revolutionary Islamist in the world, and he is about to unleash the full force of his power and persuasion
- Qaradawi, though some in the West view him as a moderate, supports the straight Islamist line: anti-American,
anti-Western, wipe Israel off the map, foment Jihad, stone homosexuals, in short the works
- Source: Bary Rubin - American Thinker
- Arab World: The bad news from Egypt - Bary Rubin - - Jerusalem Post
The Voice of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
Feb. 15, 2011 - Muslim televangelist Yusuf al-Qaradawi, known as the "First Global Mufti," is heard via
Al-Jazeera television every Sunday on his program, "Shariah and Life." Some 60 million Muslims listen to him explain
what the Muslim Brotherhood believes, and even though he calls himself a "moderate," some of his teachings are extreme.
Qaradawi advocates establishing a "United Muslim Nations," which would be a contemporary form of the caliphate.
Qaradawi was imprisoned three times by former Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser because of his Islamist activities.
He went into exile in Qatar in 1961, and is still living there now.
- He hates Israel and would love to take up arms himself. In one of his sermons, he asked God "to kill the
Jewish Zionists, every last one of them."
- Source: Spiegel Online
Will the Muslim Brotherhood Win in Egypt?
Feb. 14, 2011 - Walid Shobat says that the Muslim Brotherhood's goal is to unite all Muslim nations into one
Islamic super-state. The Brotherhood claims that it is promoting peaceful change, but in the past it gave rise to
al Qaeda and Hamas.
- The Brotherhood was eventually banned in Egypt, but for the past several decades has worked behind
the scenes to the point where it's now considered the most influential Islamist organization in the world,
with chapters in more than 100 countries.
- Source: Walid Shoebat - CBN
Brotherhood to Help Draft Egypt's New Constitution - CBN
Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed
Feb. 10, 2011 - The Palestinian Media Watch has translated "The Laws of Da’wa" by Mustafa Mashhur, who headed
the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt from 1996-2002. The five-volume work advocates the global conquest of Islam by jihad,
the struggle against Israel, and the re-establishment of the Islamic Caliphate.
- “The Islamic ummah,” it says, referring to the supranational community of Muslims, “can regain its power and
be liberated and assume its rightful position which was intended by Allah, as the most exalted nation among men, as
the leaders of humanity.”
- Source: Jerusalem Post
- Congress wary of Muslim Brotherhood role in Egypt - Jerusalem Post
- Why Glenn Beck is right on Egypt chaos - Aaron Klein - WorldNetDaily
- Video:Are the Muslim Brotherhood a danger?
- Glen Beck
Gingrich: Muslim Brotherhood ‘Mortal Enemy’
Feb. 9, 2011 - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told CNN's John King that Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton was “fundamentally wrong” when she said that we should reach out to the Muslim Brotherhood during this crisis
in Egypt. He said:
- The Muslim Brotherhood is a mortal enemy of our civilization, they say so openly, their
slogan says so openly, their way is Jihad, their method is death.
- Source: NewsMax
Will Radical Islam Come to Power in Egypt? - CBN
Muslim Brotherhood text reveals scope of radical creed - Jerusalem Post
House Leader: 'Stop Radical Islam in Egypt' - CBN
- Egyptian Christians Join Calls for Reform
- Christianity Today
“Inside the Mind of the Muslim Brotherhood” — By Walid Shoebat
Feb. 2, 2011 - Walid Shoebat, who used to be a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, warns that they are
dangerous extremists. He points to the meaning of the single Arabic word that appears on the Egyptian based Muslim
Brotherhood’s logo, under the sign of the two swords, the symbol of Islamic Jihad. It is the word “Prepare,” which he
says actually comes from the Quranic verse:
Walid explains that the Muslim Brotherhood was created in 1928, four years after the dismantling of the Ottoman
Empire, and its sole purpose was the resurrection of the Caliphate.
- “Prepare against them as you are able of force and cavalry to terrorize Allah’s enemy and yours…”
- Source: Jewish Defense League
The Muslim Brotherhood, The Illuminati, and Terrorism
According to a book by David Livingstone called Terrorism and the Illuminati - A Three
Thousand Year History, there is an alarming connection between the Illuminati's plans for a
New World Order and the Muslim Brotherhood. Read the preface to this book, and then read Chapter 19.
- Terrorism and the Illuminati - A Three Thousand Year History - Nader Library
- Chapter 19 - The Muslim Brotherhood
- Ed. Note: Please be aware that the author is an American convert to Islam according to
Progressive Press. His viewpoint is not always obvious, but he appears to
believe that the Muslim Brotherhood was created by non-Muslims as a means to bring about terrorism and discredit the religion of Islam.
Israeli foreign minister compares Turkey to 1979 Iran
Jan. 6, 2010 - Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman voiced his concern that the Islamist-rooted
government in Turkey has suddenly turned against Israel like Iran did in 1979. He said,
- "Unfortunately, recent events in Turkey are reminiscent of Iran before the Islamic Revolution led by Ayatollah
Ruhollah Khomeini. Like Turkey, Iran was among Israel's closest allies and the two nations held good relations
between both governments and people."
- Source: The Jewish News Place
- U.S. 'held secret meeting with Muslim Brotherhood'
- Rosenberg: What to Make of the Middle East Shakeup
- Joel Rosenberg - CBN
Trend Alert: Revolutionary Fervor to Spread Beyond Arab States - Europe Next
- By Gerald Celente - Yonkers Tribune
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.