Current Events and Links
Feasts of Israel
Other Israel Links
More recent articles: After Dec. 31, 2011
Michele Bachmann: Stage set for worldwide nuclear war against Israel
Nov. 13, 2011 - During a presidential candidates' debate. Michelle Bachmann warned that Iran is developing
nuclear weapons and is using countries like Syria and groups like Hamas to threaten Israel's existence. She said,
Bachmann is a member of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee. She criticized President Obama for not
taking a stronger stand on the side of Israel.
- “The table is being set for worldwide nuclear war against Israel.”
- Source: Washington Post, Times of Oman, Council on Foreign Relations
Bachmann worries Israel to be target of nuclear war - Oman Times
Campaign 2012 Roundup: Bachmann on Foreign Policy, Perry on Iran, Pundits on Romney - James M. Lindsay - Council on Foreign Relations
Israeli scientist Shechtman wins Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Oct. 5, 2011 - Israeli scientist Daniel Shechtman of the Technion Institute of Technology in Haifa is the
Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry for 2011.
- Shechtman is the tenth Israeli or Israeli-born scientist to win a Nobel Prize, and the third to win for
- Source: Jerusalem Post
Beck: We are entering the age of the miracles of God
- Aug. 22, 2011 - Glen Beck hosted the first of three days of special events in Israel to declare the love
and support of evangelical Christians for the Jewish people. In Caesarea, at his Restoring Courage rally, Beck told
the 3000 people in attendance:
Pastor John Hagee, head of Christians United for Israel, was also a speaker at the event.
- “Be not afraid, know who he is, know his face, know that he is a God of covenants and miracles. We are
leaving the age of man-made miracles of spacecraft, and we are entering the age of the miracles of God.”
- Source: Jerusalem Post
A Message of Courage for Israel in the Face of Attacks - CBN
2nd Jewish Temple just 'waiting to be unearthed'
- Jun. 6, 2011 - Dr. Eilat Mazar of Hebrew University, one of Israel's most prominent archaeologists, says he
is convinced that remains from the First and Second Jewish Temple period lie underneath the Temple Mount surface,
"just waiting to be excavated." He accuses the Islamic custodians of the Temple Mount of destroying Jewish
artifacts while attempting to turn the Temple Mount into a "giant mosque."
- Source: WorldNetDaily
Beneath Jerusalem, an underground city takes shape
- May 31, 2011 - A new section of the underground tunnel near the ancient Western Wall of the Temple Mount will be
opened soon. This article gives details and links to pictures of the area that is now open to visitors.
- Source: Yahoo
Obama's draft speech to urge '67 borders, negate PA's state bid
- May 17, 2011 - When President Barack Obama delivers his next speech on Thursday he is expected to urge Israel
to return to the 1967 lines and discourage the Palestinian Authority's plans for a unilateral declaration of
statehood in September.
He is planning to demand that the Palestinian Authority abandon terror and recognize
Israel as the Jewish state. It is thought that he will also say that Israel must cease any settlement expansion
in the West Bank.
- Obama will call on Jerusalem and Ramallah to reignite the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process,
saying it is the only way to achieve viable peace.
- Source: YNet News
- Netanyahu: Conflict is about 1948, not 1967
- YNet News
Netanyahu: Israel willing to 'cede parts of our homeland' for true peace
Hamas accepts 1967 borders, but will never recognize Israel, top official says
May 12, 2011 - During talks about how to implement a reconciliation agreement signed by Hamas and Fatah
last week, Mahmoud Zahar, one of Hamas' top officials, said that Hamas would be willing to accept a Palestinian
state within 1967 borders. However, he said that they would never recognize Israel because it would deprive future
Palestinian generations of the possibility to 'liberate' their lands.
They also threaten to declare a Palestinian state unilaterally if they do not reach a negotiated settlement.
- Palestinian leaders plan to ask the United Nations General Assembly in September to recognize a Palestinian
state in all the lands Israel occupied in 1967.
- Source: Haaretz
Older Articles: Before Jan. 1, 2011
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.