Character Counts -Michael Josephson
Tim Tebow: God's Quarterback
Dec. 14, 2011 - Denver Bronco's quarterback Tim Tebow demonstrates his exceptional faith on the football field in the face of criticism
from other athletes and the media. After his touchdowns he pointe skyward and takes a knee in prayer.
- In postgame interviews, the young quarterback often starts by saying, "First, I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"
and ends with "God bless." He stresses that football is just a game and that God doesn't care who wins or loses.
- Source: Wall lStreet Journal
A Surfer with Soul
April 6, 2011 - The movie "Soul Surfer" opens this week. It is about 21-year-old Bethany Hamilton, who
lost her left arm to a shark attack at the age of 13. Her courage, perseverance and a strong faith has
enabled her to become one of the world's greatest professional surfers.
- Source: Christianity Today
The Teddy Baehr who changed Hollywood
Apr. 6, 2011 - A new book by Ted Baehr, "How to Succeed in Hollywood (Without Losing Your Soul)," explains
why there are so many wholesome and godly movies coming out of Hollywood today.
- More than any other man alive, Ted Baehr, through both his nonprofit work and his consulting, has re-engaged
the church and the culture, specifically the entertainment industry.
- Source: Joseph Farah - WorldNetDaily
How You Can Help the Victims of the Devastating Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan
Mar. 12, 2011 - Donations may be made for Japanese earthquake relief through the Red Cross and other relief agencies.
- Source: Fox
Local school promotes kindness with week of activities
Feb. 20, 2011 - St. John's Lutheran Church in Ocala, Florida, took part in National Random Acts of Kindness
Week recently. Signs were posted in the hallways declaring, “Say kind words,” “Hold the door for others,” “Take turns,”
“Smile,” “Say hello,” “Nice matters,” “Help a classmate” and “Let others go first.”
- Students learned the classic Bible verse in the book of Mark, Chapter 7, Verse 12: “Do unto others as you
would have them do unto you.”
- Source: Ocala.com
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.