Church and State
See more recent articles: After January 1, 2013
See Articles before January 1, 2011
After Pearl Harbor: LIFE in the Pacific and on the Home Front
Dec. 7, 2012 -
- LIFE.com presents photos — most of which never ran in LIFE magazine — from Hawaii and the mainland, chronicling a nation’s
resolute reply to an unprecedented act of war.
- Source: LIFE
Will America Keep the Faith?
Sept. 21, 2012 - One Nation without God?: The Battle for Christianity in an Age of Unbelief, is a new book by David Aikman.
- Aikman thoughtfully addresses whether we were once a Christian nation, but more provocatively, what America will be like if,
culturally, we become "one nation without God."
- Source: Thomas Kidd - Christianity Today
EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016
U.S. military officers are told to plan to fight Americans
Aug. 7, 2012 - An article in Small Wars Journal called “Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A ‘Vision’ of the Future,”
is a theoretical scenario of what would happen in the future if a Tea-Party type group were to capture a city like Darlington, S.C., in 2016.
- The authors make a quasi-legal case for military action and then apply the Army’s Operating Concept 2016-2028 to the situation.
They write ... "Americans will expect the military to execute without pause and as professionally as if it were acting overseas.”
- Source: Washington Times
Our Founding Fathers Were Christians, Not Deists as Atheists Teach
July 11, 2012 - This article is a fine reminder of our Christian heritage and a warning against allowing athestic university professors
to bully our young adults' freedom of thought and speech. Here are some of the facts that the writer shares:
- - George Washington was a devout Christian, and his writings prove it.
- - John Adams believed Christianity provided the uniting principles for the Union.
- - Thomas Jefferson stated: "I am a real Christian - that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
- - Benjamin Franklin abandoned his earlier belief in Deism, and said that Jesus' religion was, "...the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see.
- - Alexander Hamilton, Patrick Henry, James Madison, John Quincy Adams and a host of other American leaders were dedicated followers of Jesus.
- Source: Jeanne Chatman - Waynesville Daily Guide
House Votes to Reaffirm 'In God We Trust' as Official U.S. Motto
Nov. 2, 2011 - A House of Representatives resolution was approved to reaffirm the country's official
motto is "In God we trust." It also encouraged public display of it in all public buildings, public schools and
other government institutions.
- The resolution, introduced by Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., was considered under an expedited floor procedure and
passed in a 396-9 vote, gaining the two-thirds required for passage.
- Source: Fox
Whatever Happened to America?
Oct. 28, 2011 -A few years ago we could not have imagined how rapidly our beloved country would decline.
Prophecy students have wondered for decades how it could be that the United States will not apparently be a major
player in the Bible’s End Times scenario. Europe is there as a Revived Roman Empire, but with a much weaker
composition than ancient Rome. Ancient biblical lands are still players in the prophetic future. They have
modern names: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and others. But how could the one great “superpower” of our generation
be ignored in the struggles of the end of this age?
Look at our nation now. Instead of being a support to the rest of the world during this economic crisis, we have
descended into the worst financial condition since at least the Great Depression. Despite endless rhetoric from
the politicians and economic experts, we are still in free-fall. Our investments have declined, our jobs have
been given to other nations and our own people are sinking into poverty.
Our military sacrifices have been undercut by bad governmental decisions. Terrorists are convinced that they will
ultimately overcome in this present struggle. We are about to leave Afghanistan and Iraq without improving that
part of the world. We can’t keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Our support for Israel is anemic. We have
lost the peaceful gains we enjoyed for a little time with Russia.
Why is this happening, and what does it mean for our generation? Historians assure us that the early greatness
of America was a byproduct of our moral and ethical world view. Our leaders were generally Bible-believing heroes.
Our word was our bond: we kept our promises. We taught our children what was right and wrong. We worked hard and
were proud of what we produced. Our churches were valiant for the truth and were faithful to expose evil.
During the past two generations the church in America has turned from its literal interpretation of the Bible, and
has allowed the corrupting influences of secular humanism, the sexual revolution, abortion, and other ungodly
beliefs and practices to slowly infiltrate its leadership. This change is actually one of the main predictions
of the End Times. It is called apostasy, or a “falling away” from the truth. The Apostle Paul warned…
- For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they
will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn
their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. – 2 Timothy 4:3-4
As a result, at the very time Christians should be most concerned about the rapid fulfillment of End Times
predictions, many of them have been anesthetized to the seriousness of their condition. Therefore, our nation
has lost its vitality and is in the process of becoming irrelevant. The Bible did not need to mention our presence
because we will have lost our influence.
Does it have to end this way? Actually, no! There is still hope for America. What God promised for believers
in the Old Testament would still apply today if we would just turn back to Him and allow him to bring a great
- If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their
wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
– 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Source: Ron's Blog
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.