Current Events and Links
Feasts of Israel
Other Israel Links
More recent articles: Since Jan. 1, 2011
Big Gas Find Sparks a Frenzy in Israel
Dec. 30, 2010 - An earlier discovery of a large natural gas field ofshore from Israel has blossomed into a huge market that has investors, international oil companies, Israeli politicians and
even Hezbollah, Israel's sworn enemy, clamoring for a piece of the action.
In two years time Ratio Oil Exploration LP was worth about half a million dollars, but it is now valued near the $1
- On Wednesday, the frenzy got fresh fuel: Noble confirmed its earlier estimates that the field contains 16
trillion cubic feet of gas—making it the world's biggest deepwater gas find in a decade, with enough reserves to
supply Israel's gas needs for 100 years.
The oil bonanza could give Israel a new economic advantage over its enemies.
- Source: Wall Street Journal
- Israel revels in gas find but faces export hurdles
Bethlehem Sees Record Pilgrim Crowd for Christmas
Dec. 25, 2010 - Pilgrims flocked to Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity yesterday and today to
celebrate the birth of Christ. The setting was more peaceful than it has been in recent years, drawing the most
Christians to the celebration in a decade.
- Israeli military officials, who coordinate movement in and out of the West Bank, said over 100,000 pilgrims
have come to the town since Christmas Eve, compared to about 50,000 last year.
- Source: Fox
Bachmann: America ‘cursed’ by God ‘if we reject Israel’
Sept. 9, 2010 - Rep. Michele Bachmann recently told those at a Republican Jewish Coalition event that the United States must continue to support Israel or we will cease to exist. She said that she and her husband are Christians.
- And we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel. It is a strong and beautiful principle.
- Source: Minnesota Independent
Thousands of Pilgrims Join Good Friday Procession in Jerusalem
Apr. 2, 2010 - Eastern Orthodox and Western Churches marked Good Friday on the same day for the first time in years, and the cobblestone streets along the Via Dolorosa in the Old City of Jerusalem were crowded with devout pilgrims.
- "I just feel that I'm part of the spiritual world here, closer to that, by walking on these streets here in Jerusalem and visiting the sites here," said Spiro Polaris, who came from Baltimore, Maryland in the United States.
- Source: Voice of America
International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Jan. 26, 2010 -
Jewish people still face as much prejudice as they did 60 years ago. In America the FBI says Jews were the target of 65.7% of the hate crimes in 2008. In Western Europe anti-Semitic attacks were at the highest level since World War II.
- January 27, is the day the world commemorates the deaths of six million Jews at the hands of Nazi Germany during World War II on International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- Source: American Thinker
Older Articles: Before Jan. 1, 2010
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Prophecy Central.